Honored Contributor

Re: There are 58 uncontrolled wild fires out west in several states

@wagirl wrote:

I live in WA state and it is an awful thing to watch. Thankfully I don't have the fires near me but have the smoke coming from the east , south from Oregon and north from British Columbia. Been advised to stay indoors and no relief from all this until Sunday night when some rain might happen. the sun is a bright orange ball, like a construction sign orange--and it looks like fog from the smoke. Been so hot, in the 90's too. He!! on earth!!! Feel terrible for the loss others are suffering. 

I live in WA State as well... the air is very smokey and dirty today. I live about 20 minutes from Seattle. No fires here but very dirty air. They are telling people to stay inside and limit being outside because of the terrible air.  We are having a weather shift here starting Sunday with cooler air and showers... hope it is enough to help put out the fires....

Honored Contributor

I don't know how true this is. 

When web searching 'Oregon fires', a site stated that the mayor ordered evacuation order for 500,000 people in towns near or surrounding Portland. 

Hopefully not true, but if so, wishing all of them well and safe.

Hopefully, I'm wishing for gentle rain (no lightning) for that area.  And all of the areas everywhere.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Edited: Removed because it could easily be understood in a way I didn't intend.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

I heard one fire started with a gender reveal party? 

Yes, it was a dual reveal - the child's gender and the parents' stupidity.

Respected Contributor

So. Calif. air quality is unhealthy to hazardous depending on which site you check.  It looks foggy outside and smells of burning.  We just endured a weekend of 111 degrees, now we are told not to go outside because of the air quality.  Coronavirus just wasn't bad enough I guess. However, I must remember to count blessings because others are suffering loss of their homes, and firefighters please be safe.  

Honored Contributor

Tragic. These days it often feels like end times.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I just read an article on my weather site that the air quality/air pollution in the states with fires is the equivalent to smoking 25 cigarettes a day. 

I feel for the firefighters.  The smoke, the heat, the heavy gear and the unpredictability of the fires.

Esteemed Contributor

Went outside today and it smelled like bbq and not in a good way.

Respected Contributor

There are a lot of visitors at our WA coastal area, people escaping the inland heavier air.  It is bad enough here, extremely hazy, an odd yellowish color, kind of ghostly.  The sky looks thick.

Respected Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I don't know how true this is. 

When web searching 'Oregon fires', a site stated that the mayor ordered evacuation order for 500,000 people in towns near or surrounding Portland. 

Hopefully not true, but if so, wishing all of them well and safe.

Hopefully, I'm wishing for gentle rain (no lightning) for that area.  And all of the areas everywhere.

Froom the New York Times right now:

"More than 40,000 Oregonians have already been evacuated, and about 500,000 are in zones that may be evacuated as the fires continue to grow."