Honored Contributor

There are 58 uncontrolled wild fires out west in several states

I watch TV in the middle of the night when I can't sleep, it focuses my thoughts elsewhere.    58 fires, thousands of lives disrupted, guess I better keep to the shopping channels.  I really feel for those people.

Honored Contributor

Re: There are 58 uncontrolled wild fires out west in several states

The skies are so eerie.

DH has a good friend who lost his home in one of the the other fires in CA; he hasn't heard from him in a long time so we don't know if these fires are affecting him too.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I live in WA state and it is an awful thing to watch. Thankfully I don't have the fires near me but have the smoke coming from the east , south from Oregon and north from British Columbia. Been advised to stay indoors and no relief from all this until Sunday night when some rain might happen. the sun is a bright orange ball, like a construction sign orange--and it looks like fog from the smoke. Been so hot, in the 90's too. He!! on earth!!! Feel terrible for the loss others are suffering. 

Honored Contributor

@wagirl I am in Wa. State too.It is very scary with all of the smoke and small fires popping up.I heard that some of the fires are man made.One fire was put out after a police officer caught the person starting it,

Honored Contributor

@dex --I am in Woodinville. yes I saw that about that idiot trying to start a fire---thank heavens a trooper was near by---that dumb a- -, should be locked up for many years. Can you believe that????? Have fans blowing in each room, plus a few air purifiers too, all windows are shut.  I don't have AC and can't wait til the rain comes-------hopefully it will be more than just showers.

Honored Contributor

I heard one fire started with a gender reveal party? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our second  largest fire in Colorado history was started by a Forest Service worker! She was having a moment of mental distress when she lit a letter (from her ex) on fire at a campsite located in the forest. Her story has been questionable since the day she told it. To this day the truth as to how she actually started the fire has never been proven. Her word against the system. But the fact remains...she confessed to starting it and she was arrested and sent to jail. 

The largest fire in Colorado history is still burning now. That one was started by a lightning strike.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

I heard one fire started with a gender reveal party? 

@drizzellla   In CA. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   Did you get the snow on Tuesday and are your conditions a little better today?  I haven't kept up the past few days.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 

Yes we got some snow here in the city, but not much. We are in a drought and have been for quite some time. Today we have blue skies!!! I haven't seen that in a long time. It's so beautiful!