Honored Contributor

Re: There are 58 uncontrolled wild fires out west in several states

The towns of Phoenix/Talent in southern Oregon were nearly wiped off the map this week. Fire is still burning. My family in Ashland is only a few miles away. 600 homes and over 100 businesses gone in a fast moving fire with little warning - it burned north right up the interstate. Even parts of Medford was evacuated. 500,000 people, over 10% of the state have evacuation orders.

There’s also a ridiculous idiotic conspiracy spreading over the source of the fires that have caused a bunch of militia-style idiots with guns to stop people at fake checkpoints. My blood is boiling.
Respected Contributor

I feel so badly for the people who are losing thier homes and livelihoods...but my heart aches for the poor animals that must be terrified and subject to a horrible death...

We can reason and understand....they can not. I pray they don't suffer.

Poor creatures.

I pray for rain for the west.

QVC Customer Care

Valued Contributor

I just read on USAToday website that there are 26 confirmed deaths from the wildfires - 20 in CA, 5 in OR, and 1 in WA.

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

I heard one fire started with a gender reveal party? 

@drizzellla 

That is correct. That one is in San Bernardino County in California.  One of my co-workers lives close to the area, and she is hot!!! As in pissy mad, I would be as well. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

I have a strong sense some of them, not all or even most, are arson. Started by people who want to watch those states experience chaos.

@Porcelain 

I live in Southern California and we deal with wildfires ever year. Although, I must say they seem to be getting worse every year. I would say that a large number of the fires that we have tend to be Arson.

We had several that started last month in Northern California, and to my knowledge most of those were started by lighting strikes. 

Esteemed Contributor

@debfau  This tragedy is breaking my heart, and getting worse and worse!💔 I'm a Washingtonian, and our first casualty is a 1 yr old boy named Uriel. His mom was also 14 weeks pregnant, and lost the baby. The parents suffered third degree burns, and are in critical condition. 😥

I can't bear to watch the news.😞

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

My closest air monitor says we are 208.  That is in the north of the coastals and the wind is coming from the NW, so I am about as clean as it gets right now.

Down by Eugene they are over 500.  I can not even imagine.

It was worse Thursday and everyone's headlights came on all day.

The plants are just covered.

Honored Contributor

I am really getting ticked off that these tragedies are being made out to be political revenge.

Could we just once, ftlog, express empathy without this?????

Only a mind hoping for something to be that way would say such a thing.

These fires are not new.

Let's focus on the loss instead of making this out to be something it is not.

I seriously doubt the gender reveal disaster was done deliberately to make a point, for instance.  Or those watching are glad it happened.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

I watch TV in the middle of the night when I can't sleep, it focuses my thoughts elsewhere.    58 fires, thousands of lives disrupted, guess I better keep to the shopping channels.

"I really feel for those people".

@depglass 

As do I. I have heard on the news that 1 fire was started at a gender reveal where pyrotechnics were used by non professionals. Another is said to be under investigation for arson.

Won't mention other causes I heard because this thread may segue into something else.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)