Super Contributor

Re: The year you were born....

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Smiley LOL

Super Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

Covered wagons ran anywhere from $150 to $450.  Horses cost extra.  

LOL!!!!!!!!!  

Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley LOL
Respected Contributor

For secuity reasons no one should give out their birthday date.   In time someone else will ask a question about oh lets just say your mothers name.  And in time they can do great damage.  

@brownponytail80 wrote:

What was something that cost a lot of money that you can now find for pennies at yard sales?  

For me, it's the VCR (it literally took me about 2 minutes to think of what it was called).  It was $699.99 in 1980 when I was born.

How about you?  Here's the website I used:

http://www.thepeoplehistory.com/yearsanddecades.html

Super Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

For secuity reasons no one should give out their birthday date.   In time someone else will ask a question about oh lets just say your mothers name.  And in time they can do great damage.  

I'm quite aware of the dangers of giving personal information online.  Birth years aren't a big deal.

Who would be stupid enough to give out their mother's maiden name?

I teach - what's your superpower?
Honored Contributor

the year.???.

scratching my head trying to remember..hmm i was a baby 

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

@brownponytail80 wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

I'm quite aware of the dangers of giving personal information online.  Birth years aren't a big deal.

Who would be stupid enough to give out their mother's maiden name?

I honestly believe that there are people our there talented enough to do big damage with minimal information to get into accounts, etc.  Birth years ARE a big deal and something I'd never post online, ever.

Why are you asking for the birth year of posters here?  We have absolutely no idea who you are, what you do and what you might do with that information.  Backing away from this one big time.

Honored Contributor

@betteb wrote:

This is a clothes dryer from 1959. It looks amazingly similar to the basic (not a pedestal type/match for high end washer) dryer I have now.

Washer-Dryer Combination

It was $419.95 then, and that's about what I paid for mine a couple of years ago. It was a much larger percentage of the average income back then than it is now.

That says it was acmbo ,washer dryer, never heard of that, but alot of people did not have dryers back then,and the appilances were made well,in USA!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Frequent Contributor

I was born in 1969:

Moon Landing

• The first man is landed on the moon on the Apollo 11 mission by the United States and Neil Armstrong and Edwin 'Buzz' Aldrin became the first humans to set foot on the Moon. and the famous words "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." will become part of our history

www.thepeoplehistory.com/1969

Respected Contributor

First color TV in US

Harry Truman was President and ended WWll

Life expectancy was 68.4 = Yikes