Esteemed Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

I agree that the Haribo commerical with the adults talking like toddlers and the Doug and Emu from Liberty Mutual commercials are the dumbest ones around.  I can't get to the mute button quick enough! 

@LuvmyLab 

Yes!

That Emu/Liberty Mutual commercial ranks right up there as one of the worst EVER!  Actually, if I ever needed to purchase insurance, I would avoid Liberty Mutual, due to that disgusting commercial.

Esteemed Contributor

The first one that comes to my mind is one from the early 70s.

It was a Wesson Oil commercial sung by Florence Henderson, in a nearly operatic soprano.  She's in a kitchen holding a bottle of the oil in both hands, opens her mouth and sings (wish I had the melody here for you):

"If you could see through yours, like I could see through mine."

I felt then and still feel that that commercial was so demeaning to women; and, it was so in credibly st___d.

Super Contributor

I hate any commercial using the adults talking like babies concept.

My current most hated ad though is the one for Golden Coral where they show pieces of food and their consumers who I guess look like their foods.  "Different strokes for different folks" is the song playing.

Those are the most freaky and disturbing people and I don't like looking at them, but likely how you look if you eat at Golden Coral on a regular basis.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like commericals where the food talks.

I think that's just a bit creepy.

For example, this Old El Passo commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxfxYd_SZWM 

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

Harbo Gumies commercial makes me laugh.  So I like it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Don't like the Liberty Mutual commericals.  Just toooo much and tooo crazy.  

Honored Contributor

Re: The worst commercial.

[ Edited ]

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

This one wins the gross award!

@Cakers3 wrote:

The worst?

The "Down Under" commercial for Cottonelle.

A peach is sitting on a sand chair at the beach (the peach obviously resembles a human boton). A person wipes the peach and the wipe is shown with a brownish stain.

Image result for cottonelle wipes commercial peach

Sooooo Gross!

@MalteseMomma @phoenixbird 

It's so disgusting you cannot even get a pic of that wipe after it's used on the peach.  You have to watch it on iSpot or Youtube.  But you can see this after:

Image result for cottonelle commercial down under there care

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

Yes, that Turbo Tax commercial is completely idiiotic...think that was also on during the Super Bowl....the one where all the people are dancing with legs that resemble wet noodles...singing "All People Are Tax People"..what is that supposed to mean even?

What bugs me more than the commercials is that people are paid big bucks for  creating these stupid commercials... 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Jason Momoa's 'skinny man' commercial...I find it disturbing somehow. Not funny to me at all, yet it was one of the top-rated Super Bowl commercials this year.

That is the WORST commercial I've ever seen. Beats the Liberty Mutual ones to death. Ugh.

Oh, and I'm one of those that find the Haribo commercial cute. 

Super Contributor

Mayham ones are funny, enjoy those. My Favorite is Jake from State farm, you know the guy on the phone in middle of the night and wife takes the phone, "what are you wearing Jake from State farm?". I can imagine most wives asking that very question. Makes me chuckle every time!