Esteemed Contributor

It shows how different we all are.  I looove the Haribo candy commercial.  Grown-ups acting like children when they eat candy.  Gummy Bears are not just for kids.

Our fave is the Chantix turkey.  Ingenious!    (but that LiMu Emu has got to go!)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

@LuvmyLab wrote:

I agree that the Haribo commerical with the adults talking like toddlers and the Doug and Emu from Liberty Mutual commercials are the dumbest ones around.  I can't get to the mute button quick enough! 

@LuvmyLab 

Yes!

That Emu/Liberty Mutual commercial ranks right up there as one of the worst EVER!  Actually, if I ever needed to purchase insurance, I would avoid Liberty Mutual, due to that disgusting commercial.

I don't think it's disgusting.  But like others have said it is pretty darn stupid. I don't get the point of it.  Pretty much all the Liberty commericals are stupid.  Makes me wonder how any of those commericals want people want to consider Liberty for their insurance.

Esteemed Contributor

When it comes to insurance, I go by who can give me the best deal, and not whether I like their commercial or not.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

Oh my....that one with Pinocchio with the completely annoying high wineeeeeey loud voice. DH and I fell over each other to grab the zapper and mute! yikes

Honored Contributor

Joe Namath

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

Stanton Optical glasses with the screaming designer repulses me. No desire to ever go there.

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Many ads are just insufferable, but the Mayhem ads are disturbing....glad that we have control to ignore.  

My recent fav.....Ranch Doritos/Sam Elliott....I'm gonna take my horse 'til I can't ride no mo'Heart

Thats the Lil Nas X commercial... His song is actually called “Old Town Road”....
Respected Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

The first one that comes to my mind is one from the early 70s.

It was a Wesson Oil commercial sung by Florence Henderson, in a nearly operatic soprano.  She's in a kitchen holding a bottle of the oil in both hands, opens her mouth and sings (wish I had the melody here for you):

"If you could see through yours, like I could see through mine."

I felt then and still feel that that commercial was so demeaning to women; and, it was so in credibly st___d.

Wessonality!!! I liked those commercials!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I like the Haribo and mayhem ads.....

'it's jake' 'jake who?' 'jake from state farm'.......................One very catching commercial! and they just reworked it. What bugs me is that the original actors aren't getting paid again...

I'm convinced the migraine medication is laced with LSD given the halucinations the user is clearly experiencing!

Respected Contributor

The new Cottonelle TP commercials for "Down There Care"  . 

a peach sitting on a beach chair and they wipe the "crack" with the TP and the wipe shows a muddy looking residue.