Honored Contributor

The worst commercial.

[ Edited ]

There’s a commercial for Haribo Gummies, a candy. It’s the stupidest and most annoying commercial I’ve ever seen. Grown men and women in corporate attire are sitting at a long table in a boardroom;  talking in toddler talk about the gummies. The theme music is even more insufferable than the dialog. 

Respected Contributor

Maybe they are targeting a different age group.....

(Yes, I have seen the silly commercial many times--it is a few years old!  Whatever works in advertising goes--and the commercial caught YOUR attention to remember the product!)

Honored Contributor

I imagine they think kids will find it funny.  tHeyve played the same commercial periodically for several years.

My nomination for dumbest commercials are those for the auto insurance with Doug and the emu.  They don't even make sense.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I find most commercials useless and an annoying interruption.  They provide no information about the product other than to make one laugh.  They are an insult to intelligent adults.  

Honored Contributor

The newest one I've seen that ranks right up there as the worst is a commercial for a new I U D and the women and men are dancing in the street waving their arms and singing.

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy this old Hasbro commercial; and I particularly like the insurance commercials (don't know name as I'd never switch from USAA) that feature "Mayhem". The actor that stars in this long running commercial gets $1750 each and every time they run!

Honored Contributor

The Honey Bunches of Oats commercial drives me crazy because I can't get the song out of my head and they play it every commercial break on TLC and I don't even like this cereal. Lol 

Trusted Contributor

I agree that the Haribo commerical with the adults talking like toddlers and the Doug and Emu from Liberty Mutual commercials are the dumbest ones around.  I can't get to the mute button quick enough! 

Honored Contributor

Many ads are just insufferable, but the Mayhem ads are disturbing....glad that we have control to ignore.  

My recent fav.....Ranch Doritos/Sam Elliott....I'm gonna take my horse 'til I can't ride no mo'Heart

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I just laugh at that one.  I think it's cute.