Honored Contributor

The wildfires in Australia

[ Edited ]

Just  heartbreaking for all the animals, seeing the little   koalas bears,  they are helpless.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Re: The wildfires in Australia

Yes, I've been following this.  So sad and it IS heartbreaking.  

A Koala hospital has been set up and a dog named Bear looking for them to be saved.  

Honored Contributor

The Aussies are furious (and form the looks of twitter) will hound MP Scott Morrison out of office.  

Honored Contributor

Link takes you to photos of Koalas being treated at the Koala hospital.  

https://www.businessinsider.com/australian-koala-hospital-photos-show-wildfire-devastation-2019-12

Honored Contributor

Not to mention the people who are stranded on the beaches.  I heard ships were bringing in food, supplies, etc.

Honored Contributor

I read a news article saying that 30% of the koala population has perished, so far.

It also showed a picture of a koala sitting in the middle of a road when some biking enthusiasts came by.

They stopped and the koala ran up to one rider and grabbed their pants leg, begging for water.

The rider gave him water from her water bottle.

My heart ached and I cried. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

Not to mention the people who are stranded on the beaches.  I heard ships were bringing in food, supplies, etc.

I'm glad that they're getting provisions, but the people on the beach are people that didn't evacuate their homes when advised to do so.

We have to take responsibilty for our own decisions and actions.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom   I saw the koala drinking the water from the biker's bottle on the news.  He was so dehydrated  She probably saved the  life of this precious little bear.  This is such a sad situation.

Honored Contributor

Yes, they ought to be.....vacationing with his family in Hawaii while his country burns and wildlife is destroyed.

@songbird wrote:

The Aussies are furious (and form the looks of twitter) will hound MP Scott Morrison out of office.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's not exactly a day at the beach for the people either.