Respected Contributor

@MamaWick @Well, the herd heard of your great accommodations and have decided to move in. Perhaps you should put up a sign- MamaWick's Inn for Deer!

Please keep the pictures coming.  We have only one mom and her two teens in our yard.     
Late in the night we are visited by Bucky, the dad.  We have motion detector lights which don't seem to bother him.

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick 

Thank you SO much!

How many do you count?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Re: The whole fam damily

[ Edited ]

If anyone is looking for me, I'm moving into the back yard of @MamaWick .

I'll even help to pick up the manure!  Woman LOL

Delightful photo.

Denise
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick 

Is this a common occurance every year?

what happens in the winter?

Honored Contributor

they will eat everything on your property 

we can't grow any flowers or shrubs because the deer will destroy them

not so cute

Esteemed Contributor

We have owned our house for 2-1/2 years but have only lived here a year.  So this is our first baby season ♥️  The older deer are here year round, but there are more now and we believe it is because the septic is now in use making the grass wonderful.

As for shrubs/plants, our front yard is xeriscaped with white rock.  We will soon be putting in some sego palms and agave in pots there.  Looking at all my neighbors with these, it looks like deer leave those alone.  We are not planting in the "deer suite" otherwise known as the back yard because of the septic lines.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

@MamaWick - I have never seen so many bucks out in the open - wow! When I lived in NJ, I always had doe and babies.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

they will eat everything on your property 

we can't grow any flowers or shrubs because the deer will destroy them

not so cute

@jackthebear  Same for us. This year I outsmarted them. I put my flowers from the nursery on the deck in containers. On the patio below I bought silk geraniums that are supposed to be able to withstand the weather. They look so real and so far so good.

Esteemed Contributor

@MamaWick 

In your earlier photos I was able to view the pic full view ... now this and the one previous are very cropped.   Is this something on my end ... or your camera angle?

Respected Contributor

SAFE - Proof they feel SAFE when visiting you.

Whatta B L E S S I N G to you and them.