Honored Contributor

We are in SW Pa for the summer as usual. We arrived here around the 20th of May and it was still very cool here - unusual - it took forever to get to summer temperatures. And it is still very rainy here - hardly any full sunny days at all. Just tons of dreary days and rain. Then the beginning of this week - it was hot and humid - finally seasonal, only to have turned cold overnight last night again. Right now - midday it is only 70 degrees here. Going down to 54 tonight.I can't wait to get back to Florida, but my DH loves this weather. I am sitting here in sweats.

We are going into town to a street concert tonight - I can't believe on July 24th I am going to be wearing jeans and a sweatshirt. At least i won't need bug spray - i'll be all covered up.

Respected Contributor

Re: The weather this summer...

Your weather sounds like our typical summer weather lol.

We rarely get above 70, and this morning I turned on the gas fireplace for a little while.

But I have to say, until now we've had an unusually warm summer..high 70s and lots of sun.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

IMO, that is the PERFECT summer time temps!

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/24/2014 Marienkaefer2 said:

Your weather sounds like our typical summer weather lol.

We rarely get above 70, and this morning I turned on the gas fireplace for a little while.

But I have to say, until now we've had an unusually warm summer..high 70s and lots of sun.

Those beautiful San Juan Islands again! Your "unusually warm summer" sounds like heaven to me! We had a few fairly cool days, which for us is in the high 70's to mid 80's -- mostly it has been in the 90's, up to 98 a couple of days, with high humidity. It's very hot here even into September....{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Respected Contributor

It's been pretty hot, this morning it was already 98 at 9am, on the way to 110-115. I'm staying inside all day! Another month or so and it will start cooling down a bit.
Respected Contributor

I love the weather, although when the wind blows it is a little cool. I change from shorts to sweats about 3 times a day.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

Wanna trade places?

Frequent Contributor

How DOES one cope with that? And I thought I had problems.

Honored Contributor

It's been hot here in Atlanta and the humidity has kicked in. But no complaints from me after all the cold weather and the snow events here last winter. I'll take the summer heat for as long as I can get it.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Im in Southeast PA and its hot. By no means am I wearing sweats..lol. And we have the AC on 24/7. Yes we had some storms roll through but its sunny more than not. Anyway after this past Winter (horrible!) I will take this weather any day. However I wouldn't live in FL because its too humid and too many big roaches.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles