Honored Contributor

The water still hasn’t receded. I’ve never seen the lakes so high.

My development received the most recorded rainfall in our counties of Dade and Broward. My husband ventured out and said he's never seeen the lakes so high. Were surrounded by lakes. Our streets are still flooded. The water is just not draining. No mail, no garbage pickup no food delivery. I've called the agencies. 

Honored Contributor

Re: The water still hasn’t receded. I’ve never seen the lakes so high.

Do you have enough food and supplies?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@Porcelain @Yes. We never lost power during the storm so we have frozen food. We've got plenty of supplies. I just paid out electric bill online because we can't really put the payment in the mailbox. Thank you for always being so nice.

Esteemed Contributor

Welcome to climate change.  There are some interesting maps of affected areas out there.  Glad I can stay on my hill.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@Porcelain @Yes. We never lost power during the storm so we have frozen food. We've got plenty of supplies. I just paid out electric bill online because we can't really put the payment in the mailbox. Thank you for always being so nice.

Awww. Heart Just stay safe!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

Well our retention pond behind my house is now a lake thanks to ETA.

Cleaning our back today I encountered a "shock"...guess who came to visit ...he's the biggest gator I've seen on my property ...I almost broke a leg tripping over the fallen branches to get away!!!

I wish I knew how to post the video cause everyone could have gotten a good "chuckle" ....me trying to run in flipflops🙈😂😂

1945445E-9FF0-4EAE-BCB7-21519BC0A1E8.jpeg

DCB5B677-2DD3-4E90-8D35-0EE77B1F7D01.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry, @Mindy D, that would be so frustrating. Is there more rain in the forecast?

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

In our area the County usually comes periodically and clears out our storm drains.  

I have one right out front and I'm always amazed what they clear out of them...worse, people who throw dog feces baggies in there. Yuck!!!

I hope the water starts receding and stay safe!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Mindy D 

Well our retention pond behind my house is now a lake thanks to ETA.

Cleaning our back today I encountered a "shock"...guess who came to visit ...he's the biggest gator I've seen on my property ...I almost broke a leg tripping over the fallen branches to get away!!!

I wish I knew how to post the video cause everyone could have gotten a good "chuckle" ....me trying to run in flipflops🙈😂😂

1945445E-9FF0-4EAE-BCB7-21519BC0A1E8.jpeg

DCB5B677-2DD3-4E90-8D35-0EE77B1F7D01.jpeg

Looks well fed...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

My development received the most recorded rainfall in our counties of Dade and Broward. My husband ventured out and said he's never seeen the lakes so high. Were surrounded by lakes. Our streets are still flooded. The water is just not draining. No mail, no garbage pickup no food delivery. I've called the agencies. 

I hope things start to improve for you and your husband soon. 

I saw that it looked pretty rough on the weather channel earlier.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~