Trusted Contributor

Re: The very first things you’ll do

Attend granddaughter’s high school graduation which has been rescheduled for mid July. But I’ll be hitting the hair salon first! Not counting on life being back to normal by then, but hopeful.
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh

A haircut is at the top of my list.

Needed one before all this stuff happened.  By the time it's over, I probably will have to wait in a long line to get an appointment.

Honored Contributor

I will reschedule necessary appointments, and be happy that my husband can get out to meet up with his friends again.   

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

FRIVOLOUS,  lighthearted thread.  

When we are free to leave our houses again and feel comfortable doing so and the country opens up like a just bloomed rose, whenever the heck that is,  what do you want to do first, outside of see family, go to church, etc.  What FUN things would you like to do? 

For me, I have three:

1- drive, like a bat out of you know where, to Great Clips to get my hair cut. Me, nose pressed against the glass, waiting for them to open.

2- go to our favorite Mexican restaurant, just up the street.

3- go to the grocery store and walk around and smile and converse with people, just like I used to. 

@gidgetgh 

OMG! I can't believe THIS is YOUR list?!

This is exactly what I was going to write! LOL

I will say, I'm not doing any of it for many weeks after they lift the restrictions, though. 

I'm really afraid this just isn't going to be over, and there will be resurgence, if not right away, then later. 

I'm going to sit and watch and see for a few weeks minimum before I venture into something with too close of contact like getting my hair cut (I sure wish I'd thought of it before they were shut down!). And I have medical appointments like dental cleaning due and postponed, and I need my mammogram soon. Not really looking forward to any of that, simply based on the close contact as well. 

I miss leisurely grocery shopping more than just about anything. It has always been a favorite thing for me to do, and my 'me' time. 

Don't mean to sound like I need a tin foil hat, but I will be spending time filling the holes in my preps (although some of the stuff, I honestly don't look for us to see available out in the market for a very long time, like disinfecting wipes, masks and gloves, the latter two I was woefully low on but did have some). We were well situated for being 'locked down' but there were a few things I had to scramble for in early March before it all got nuts, as I saw the writing on the wall, and had let a few things we depend on get down to almost nothing (mostly things for out water treatment like filters and salt). 

Honored Contributor

Lots of good answers. I think I'll go out for breakfast. We also have all our church envelopes piled up and will drop them off.

Esteemed Contributor

Get a haircut. Go to the Y.

Valued Contributor

Of course hair & nail appointments, then take a car trip/vacation down the CA coast. Wohoo!
Maybe still just a daydream, wait & see.
Contributor

B316ECCF-9D01-4B17-8FEE-88DDDB3F5F2B.jpeg

Valued Contributor

See my boyfriend because he's considered 'essential' and working so I'm not seeing him to keep myself safe.

See family

Be able to go out and not have the worry/fear of everyone I see having the virus that could infect me or my loved ones. 

Honored Contributor

See my oral surgeon to pick up where I left off with my dental implants.

♥Surface of the Sun♥