Contributor

Re: The state of PA owes me 2 tires.............

Pennsylvania ranks #11 among the 50 states in miles of paved roads.  However, the Legislature is the most expensive state government in the USA.  Our legislators would rather enrich themselves than pave the roads.  Some changes need to happen..  

Honored Contributor

There is pothole proof paving available these days. When they repaved 295 here in NJ a few years ago they claimed the new paving would have a sixty year lifespan. I thought they were joking, but so far, so good. If that type of paving was used everywhere, driving would be much easier.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> @PamfromCT ...above. 'sorry'.

Esteemed Contributor

Hello My Dear Friend @NAES1,

So happy to converse with you!  We will be having GD and GS with us the week after next.  They will both be going to the same day camp, each in their own age group.  I am stocking up on goodies they get to eat while here.  Their parents forgive us for spoiling them.  

Busy shy time for everyone, especially for DD and SIL.  They decided to buy another house, and have been quite involved with getting their old home ready to sell, as well as moving some things into new house.  I loved their home, but they fell in love with the house they just bought.  It’s larger, but quite large for just two people and three kitties.  More land, as well.

We have learned to keep our opinions to ourselves.  

Meanwhile, back at the ranch here, we are trying to clean out junk and just stuff from this house.  Still lots to clear out in our attic.  And way, way too much stuff in the house.  What were we thinking?  The Salvation Army picks up things at the house, and bigger things are donated to Habitat for Humanity, 

Thank you for asking about my DB.  He’s happier than he has been in years, loves his job, and has so many friends.  His ex has moved far, far away.  Coming over on Saturday to pick up a table and chair set we no longer want.

I know exactly what you mean about trusting in God.  We learn to thank Him for every blessing, and to turn to Him through trying times.  We have so much to be grateful for.  You know, DH and I never thought we would be grandparents.  It just wasn’t happening, for years.  Then suddenly...I almost passed out from shock.  And, we were happy with one.  Five years later, ...almost passed out once again.  So you never know.

And our DD married in her 40s, to a man in his 40s, each of whole had never been married before.  Five years later, they are very happy.  

I would love to hear more about your life now, especially about that darling and lucky kitty you adopted.  And your DH and DS.

I am so glad that we are such good friends.  A good friend is a treasure, I know.  With you always.

Take care, sweet NAES.

Will keep in touch.

Love,

Pam

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

We were out on a day trip yesterday and I've never seen so many cones in the road.  I did say to my husband, we complain about the roads and now they're being repaired, we really shouldn't be complaining.  Every summer though!!!  

Honored Contributor

Last summer I broke a belt in my front passenger side tire from hitting a pothole.  It was too late for me to swerve around it by the time I saw it because there was a car in the lane next to me.  Although I was on a state route, it goes through my city and the city is responsible for the repairs.

I wanted to send the city the bill for my new tire but decided against it because of what DH does for a living.  I didn't want to cause a you know what storm so I paid for the tire and moved on.  But I still complain about it.  LOL