Honored Contributor

Re: The smell of almond milk

@wagirl wrote:

@Mindy D ---why are you putting those things in the milk---am totally confused by this. I drink almond milk and can smell the almonds as I drink it straight, but never any odor under my arms----now I put veggies in it as well as fruits, protein powder,  to make a smoothie--but not the peppers--gross!! I have made almond milk too, with no weird outcome. the best milk, IMO, is Blue Diamond brand

@wagirl @The smell I get when I drink it straight is the smell I'm getting from my skin. The exact smell. No offensive odors. I just smelled like almond milk. Must be coming out of my pores, but no one else seems to mention that this happened with them anywhere online. 

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@Mindy D ---why are you putting those things in the milk---am totally confused by this. I drink almond milk and can smell the almonds as I drink it straight, but never any odor under my arms----now I put veggies in it as well as fruits, protein powder,  to make a smoothie--but not the peppers--gross!! I have made almond milk too, with no weird outcome. the best milk, IMO, is Blue Diamond brand

@wagirl @It smells just like when I drink the almond milk straight. No offensive odors. No one online has mentioned this happening to them. The veggies are a smoothie for me. The red bell pepper is to ensure that I get my vitamin C. When it's put into sweetened almond milk, I think it tastes good. It's not as good with the unsweetened, but it's better for me. The carrots added are like carrot juice, also tasting better when put into the sweetened almond milk, but again, the unsweetened is better for me, so that's why I'm using it. 

Honored Contributor

That is very strange! I drink plain unsweetened almond milk all the time but never had that to happen.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@Auntie CC wrote:

I'm sorry friends..it's not almond milk its nut juice. Look on all the nut juice boxes. They are slowly eliminated the "milk" name they perpatrated.

We drink milk from cows here in WI 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Woman Wink

Do i ever agree,this artificial milk thing is beyond me ,i want real milk.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Auntie CC wrote:

I'm sorry friends..it's not almond milk its nut juice. Look on all the nut juice boxes. They are slowly eliminated the "milk" name they perpatrated.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Woman Wink

Do i ever agree,this artificial milk thing is beyond me ,i want real milk.

@goldensrbest  And real cheese and real meat and real fish and.....

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I thought this was strange, but then I reminded myself what my urine smells like after I eat asparagus.  You are what you eat, I guess.  

@depglass  years ago I read a list in a magazine: The ten foods you shouldn't eat 24 to 48 hours before a romantic encounter. Asparagus was listed for just that reason.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Auntie CC wrote:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Woman Wink

There are obvious reasons they can't call it that. Not everyone is as mature about things as we are.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@depglass wrote:

I thought this was strange, but then I reminded myself what my urine smells like after I eat asparagus.  You are what you eat, I guess.  

@depglass  years ago I read a list in a magazine: The ten foods you shouldn't eat 24 to 48 hours before a romantic encounter. Asparagus was listed for just that reason.

Ummmm. Ya'll are wild!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@depglass wrote:

Ummmm. Ya'll are wild!

There are many things which can make your pee stink. Just google it and you'll be surprised.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D ----ok, hope I didn't offend you---different things for different people--