Honored Contributor

I think the new place for us on proboards is just great. Yes it might  take a little time to get to know it but you will learn. I have things to learn there but really like it.

Wisteria Lane on the Delphi forums is nice but I like the Proboards better.

Its good they gave us some notice on these forums so we could find a new home!

See you there Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

Be glad QVC gave a month's warning about closing these forums. I 've been on sites that one day they were in full swing, then the next day gone.

Alternatives have been established.  It is not the end of the world.

I know many have established close friendships but if they are important, they will continue.

I am puzzled why you'd stopped shopping somewhere (better still, return orders)  just because they've given notice they were discontinuing their forums.

Change is not always bad.

@CherryHugs People are all different.  Things mean more to some than others.  If you are puzzled, think about what others might want or need during their day.  A lot has been put up about what this is to many people and is not to others.  

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh   Very well said. And, sadly, you have had more change than most of us.

Honored Contributor

Re: The sky isn't falling

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

I can tell you why I won't shop here anymore @lulu1 ... I do not watch QVC and the only reason I shop here are the recommendations from the posters here. I will have no interest in perusing the website once the forums are gone. 

I feel a lot like how I felt when Lord and Taylor closed. Sadly, my shopping habits and how I dress were not current enough to keep my beloved store in business. Change is inevitable. I will look back fondly on the encounters I had here. I, don't believe this forum can be duplicated anywhere but I remain hopeful that I will be proved wrong.🌸💐

@Trinity11 

IMO, it's a poor business decision to shove QVC customers off their site and to try sending them to facebook or whatever.   While on the message boards, QVC's products are only a click or two away.  I also think doing this just before the holidays is a very bad idea ... it's insensitive. 

I doubt it will happen, but they need to seriously re-think this asap.  

Respected Contributor

@CherryHugs Yes, Proboards looks like it's going to be a perfect alternative, once we get used to navigating there. They've really done an outstanding job setting up that forum. Glad you and so many others have signed on.

The format is different, but it has everything we have here, except being a click away from shopping. Right now, I'm good with that. 

I hope everyone will check it out so we won't lose any of our forum friends we've come to enjoy so much over the years.  

Super Contributor

I have been on QVC's forum boards for a short time compared to many.  But what is so unique about this board is that the people seem to be different than just about every other social media site I visit.

Social media and the press is designed today to incite outrage one way or another.  It has great biases.  Nothing is untouched. Ladies' magazines I used to enjoy reading feel like propaganda now.

So it was nice to have the QVC forums to escape to.  I like to read posts where there's pictures of someone's house decor, or a new recipe, etc.  It's pleasant, neutral and beautifully civil, something I can't get anywhere else.  So I am glad that someone created a new board on pro boards as I would miss this.

Honored Contributor

Re: The sky isn't falling

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44, in the scheme of things, I think we represent a very small portion of their customers.  

Are you registered at the alternative site?

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Of course it's not the end of the world.  But, it is yet another unwanted change in a world that is in a weird state (couldn't think of anything better to say) right now.  People are uncertain and on edge and crave familiarity.  

Change can be good, change can be bad and change can just be change.

Just speaking for me, I could do with a little less change for awhile, LOL.  My world, along with millions and millions of others, has been turned upside down.  I find, that when everything is swirling around me, and I am unsettled and uncertain, I seek out the familiar, the routine.  Things that may not be earth shattering, but make sense in my world and so you grab on to that.

Your favorite groceries being in stock at your grocery store.  Not having to look everywhere for toilet paper.  Not having Face Time holidays with relatives.  Turning on your favorite tv show at 9:00 PM and it's on and you can watch.  Browsing Facebook if you'd like.  Read and post on your message board, etc. 

The routine and the mundane bring me great comfort in uncertain times. That, by gosh, there ARE things that remain constant and don't change.  It's comforting.  In the end, it is just a message board and the world won't  end when it closes.  But some of us are living much "smaller" lives than we used to and I just do a heavy sigh when another unexpected, unwanted change comes along.

@gidgetgh Very well said!  My feelings exactly.  

I realize I have it pretty good compared to many people but as we are well into the second year of the pandemic, I find the familiar to be a great comfort.

Super Contributor

Yes, that's it @occasionalrain . You nailed it. 

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".