Honored Contributor

Re: The sadness is unbearable, have you ever watched

@Ditzydori

If you are on FB, check out Extreme Health Radio for alternative cancer treatment survival tales.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Ditzydori

I understand exactly what you are saying.  My mother died of melanoma and it is a terrible, terrible disease.  You and your husband will be in my prayers.  Please try to take care of yourself as you care for your Tony. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I watched my grandmother and my father; I was a caregiver to each of them. I made the choice to take my father off of life support as that was his desire (though my mother has made it clear to EVERYONE that I murdered him).

Watching my grandmother die was what made me turn away from the Church and God. I've never looked back at either.

Valued Contributor

I am so incredibly sorry for you.  Cancer sucks and there's just no nice way to say it.  My best friend that I had breakfast with every Saturday for 30 years was diagnosed with lung/brain cancer back in August.  She died 10 weeks later. 

You are in my prayers, @Ditzydori.

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Esteemed Contributor

@sandraskates wrote:

Yes, it's terrible. A longtime skating friend of mine died from triple-negative breast cancer. For the longest time I could not go to the rink. And when I finally volunteered to assist at a competition I looked at where we used to sit and lost it with tears coming out of my eyes several times.

6 years have passed but even last weekend, I was assisting and several times a certain song came on that she used to mock and I just sunk for a few minutes.

@Ditzydori- I am so sorry this is happening in your life. I wish you peace and the fortitude to make it through this very tough time.

sandraskates-i feel your pain.  i lost a dear friend in march--we were softball grandmas--watching our granddaughters play....she passed away in march just before the season started.  going to the games have been h*ll.  i'm so lost and sad.....take care...

Frequent Contributor

Bless you and your family, Emily. I'm here praying for you. I wish I could give you the tightest hug....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ditzydori

I know the pain of watching a loved one battle cancer. It can strike hard and fast. 

I pray when you return home, you will have family and friends to help YOU.  You need to take care of yourself.

May I ask if Hospice is involed?  If your husband has reached that point, let them help.  They a truly angels on Earth.  They will keep him comfortable and help you.

Honored Contributor

@Ditzydori  I am sorry.  (((Emily and DH)))

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am so very sorry to hear of this devastating news. Cancer is awful.. It took my mom-dad's life and my daughter was diagnoised last year may-june. her surg was in sept. radiation in oct. She seems to be holding her own.

My dad got a brain tumor (this in July 1970). Surg was Aug, doctor did the best they could sent him home to pass (he surprised them lived 16 yrs) but it wasn't quailty of anything. He could barely walk, he could not longer talk, could not longer see much except a little bit in one eye. he would just sit in an arm chair in my parents house and watch the people walk by or drive by,that was his day and he prayed for hours on end for relief of the pain (headaches galore--lots of pain).  He passed in Nov 86 at 68. My mom was diagnoised in sept of 90 at 72 with brain cancer too,she chose to just let it be because of what she saw my dad go thru. she passed in Nov 90.

Every year I see that my sisters have made it to 68 and beyond and I have now reached 68 this year.  I count my blessings each day I can see, speak,hear.

Cancer is a scourge I hope one day it will be wiped off the face of the earth.

Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry to read what your dear husband is going through. I watched 2 of my aunts die of cancer. I myself had breast cancer 7 years ago. Cancer IS a monster as you said. I have tears as I type this and please know that I will keep your husband, you, and your whole family in my prayers. ((((hugs))))

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles