Respected Contributor

Re: The sadness is unbearable, have you ever watched

@Ditzydori, I am so sorry.

I can hear the pain through your words.  My heart goes out to you. 

Heart

Respected Contributor

I am so very sorry,and I know what you are going through. Both my parents died from cancer and i was their care-giver...my prayers are with you and your dh

Esteemed Contributor

@Ditzydori   Prayers.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry for what you are going through. 

Yes, have watched someone die from the disease. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

Sending prayers to you and your family. My Mom had cancer and fought it for 8 years. She too went through several surgeries, chemo, and radiation to no avail. She did have a few weeks at a time that life was a little better. I prayed every day God would take her peacefully. We kept her with us the last year of her life and she was in our home when she passed. She was slowly going into a coma. I bent down and whispered to her, " Mom if you can hear me kiss my check." I felt the slightest soft kiss. Shortly after she passed. That memory has got me through and I pray that you will have a beautiful moment also to help you through this. Thank you for sharing with us. This is when you need support the most and never be afraid to post here for that.

Honored Contributor

Sorry you're going through this.  So many have and you aren't alone.

The only one I ever remember was having to see somebody die of lung cancer.   That's a harsh death.  

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I watched my dad suffer from cancer.  It's coming up on the one-year anniversary of his death.  I miss him terribly but, as a Christian, I know he is in heaven, now free of pain & suffering and reunited with his loved ones.  This is what got me through the past year.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

@Ditzydori

I have an inkling of what you are going through.  They say if cancer hasn't touched your family it more than likely will.

It is a horrible disease.  The treatments can be worse.  Sometimes it gets to the point we pray for an end. 

Hopefully you will get some support when you come home.  Being alone hasn't helped your well being.

Esteemed Contributor

My heart goes out to you. I watched my father, a vibrant, athletic man, become a shell. The day before Thanksgiving, 1995, he played tennis. The day after Thanksgiving he had surgery for gastric cancer and died four months to the day after surgery. I agree with the O/P. When you see doctors trying all sorts of painful treatments that they know are futile and painful, sometimes the patient should say no. I've seen it happen too many times. I believe in hope but I do not believe in suffering for the sake of doing something, anything that just causes more pain.

Super Contributor

Vivian, I totally agree.

thanks soooo much ladies, for being there for me and all your encouraging words. I can't express how much it means to me. ❤️❤️