Esteemed Contributor

http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/14/12187296/nintendo-nes-classic-edition-announced-price-games

Yay. All the Mario games are on this (hopefully it will work well). I want it for Christmas.

The video games my daughter plays are so complicated!

I'm not much for video games but this would be sentimental cause when Mario came out, I used to play it with my brother at Christmas.........

Regular Contributor

Re: The return of Mario & Luigi

I might have to get this! i was a little addicted to super mario as a teen, that would be fun to play again!  Heart

Respected Contributor

Wow.  That is really cool.  We used to play Nintendo all the time as kids.  Super Mario 1, 2 and 3, Paperboy, Duck Hunt, Pinball, Wheel of Fortune, Monopoly, Tetris.  Fun times.

Respected Contributor

We bought something similar to this with the old Atari games built in.  Just a joystick with one button - not all the A+B+up+left maneuvers lol.  

Esteemed Contributor

THIS is a youtube trailer of what my daughter plays - way too complicated for my simple mind!!! LOL

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I received a text this afternoon from our 44-year old son, who is married with two children.

"Dear Santa, I have been a very good son this year. I am asking for the NES for Christmas. PLEASE????"

I wrote him back.

"Dear Santa, I have been a very good mom this year. I am asking for the NES for Christmas. PLEASE????"

His response....

"Should we just buy one for each other?"

Me....

"YES!"

Son.....

"Can you wait until Christmas?"

Me......

"Um.......nope!"

I am so excited! He and I used to play the Nintendo games all the time. When he was younger, he had asthma and so there were times when he couldn't do much at all physically. So he and I spent a lot of time with his Legos and with Nintendo. We have a lot of good memories of playing Dr. Mario, Sim City, Legend of Zelda, etc. When he first found out about the NES, I was the first one he told.

Respected Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

THIS is a youtube trailer of what my daughter plays - way too complicated for my simple mind!!! LOL

You should see the board games my sons have us playing.  Even they have to consult the 100-page instruction book every other turn.  

Honored Contributor

At first glance I thought "Mario & Luigi" might be Secret Service code names for potential government officials.

Honored Contributor

Q has an Atari Flashback game console with 92 games, but I don't find a list of those games in the item description:

http://www.qvc.com/Atari-Flashback-5-Deluxe-Game-Console.product.E229306.html?sc=E229306-SRCH&cm_sp=...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.