Honored Contributor

Re: The rain from Sally has started in Atlanta

@gidgetgh 

I was just going to post and se how you are, so very sorry, weather is so unpredictable and wicked at times

Sending hugs from the NY area

@gidgetgh wrote:

There is water in our basement. It didn't flood in from the back where it flooded in 2009, and it isn't a ton of water at all, but it seems to have come down the foundation wall at the front of our house.  I could absolutely cry.  I swear, I can't handle one more thing. And I mean that. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

There is water in our basement. It didn't flood in from the back where it flooded in 2009, and it isn't a ton of water at all, but it seems to have come down the foundation wall at the front of our house.  I could absolutely cry.  I swear, I can't handle one more thing. And I mean that. 

@gidgetgh, my heart and prayers are with you!  I understand just how you are feeling.  

I'm not in your area at all but I know what it feels like to get scared when it rains harder than the ground can soak it in.  Rain can be a blessing and a curse at the same time.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh :🤗🤗❤️❤️

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

(((gidgetgh)))

It sounds like it's seepage.  I hope it isn't too bad.  

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

(((gidgetgh)))

@Bri369 - the water restoration company we have used before came and just left.  He can't find the source of the water, but said it doesn't look like the foundation.  And while he doesn't think it's a plumbing issue (too coincidental that it didn't happen till last nights rain) he had me call the plumber to check the drain pipe and they're on their way.  If that yields nothing, he told me to call a foundation company for them to check.

there is moisture reading in one of the baseboards in the dining room also, though the baseboard feels dry to the touch. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

(((gidgetgh)))

@Bri369 - the water restoration company we have used before came and just left.  He can't find the source of the water, but said it doesn't look like the foundation.  And while he doesn't think it's a plumbing issue (too coincidental that it didn't happen till last nights rain) he had me call the plumber to check the drain pipe and they're on their way.  If that yields nothing, he told me to call a foundation company for them to check.

there is moisture reading in one of the baseboards in the dining room also, though the baseboard feels dry to the touch. 

@gidgetgh  I'm glad you have someone coming out to check what it is.  That was fast!  

Keep us updated @gidgetgh 

Honored Contributor

We are under water too.  We have trash cans catching water in several different places at my employer's place and some of the electric is back out.  

I drove a half hour to my doctor's appointment at 7am this morning in torrential downpours and the morning rush hour only to be told my doctor "decided not to come in."  Smiley Surprised  Three weeks of prep and a year wait to be covered by insurance that I now pay double for all wasted plus I lost money out of my paycheck for the trip.

If you want to take my hand and jump with me, I am beyond done too. 

I think I have finally gotten to the age or point where people get that selfish and just go, do, and be all for themselves. 

I just keep finding more and more that you can do almost everything right in this world and it gets you absolutely nowhere.  I am so tired of showing up in all aspects and no one else can be bothered.  It's exhausting.