Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I read this book a couple of years ago and it was a real eye opener.  Things have not changed that much!

@DiAnne, considering the anti-regulatory bent now, the only change I see is not for the better.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

I read this book a couple of years ago and it was a real eye opener.  Things have not changed that much!

@DiAnne, considering the anti-regulatory bent now, the only change I see is not for the better.

@suzyQ3

I agree.

Regular Contributor

I met one of the Radium Girls when I was working in a research lab at Memorial Sloan Kettering Institute. It was in the 1960’s. We were doing research in bone cancer and one of these Radium Girls was a patient we followed for years. She was very pleasant and as much as I remember, she was doing well. As soon as I was introduced to her, I realized that she was an historic figure. I was very new to the world of medical research and meeting her was so impressive. Our lab was in Manhattan, on 68th Street and York Ave. 

Respected Contributor

Take Flint and add Newark!  Stir in some more deregulations world-wide.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~