Trusted Contributor

Re: The "Untucked Look" On Certain Hosts

[ Edited ]

I think it's much more helpful to lift others rather than to body shame someone............. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It really is an odd trend, but to each her own.... I just need to fight the urge to pull the person towards me so I can tuck it all in for them like I used to do with my kids.... LOL!!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

Tucked only in the front is a trend I don't "get."  What's the point...unless you want to show off a belt buckle. 

This is my take on it: Designers have been making too-long tops for a long time now. And the blasted tunic length. People who are smallish or who have small waists know they look terrible in the long lengths. So they started tucking the tops in to show their waists. Most of look bad in these too-long tops actually. They don't cover up anything, just accentuate the worst. Far more flattering to have tops that hit about mid butt.

Respected Contributor

I am a frequent “half tucker,” and I do it because I like the look with certain outfits—it’s as simple as that! I certainly don’t expect everyone to wear it, and I know some have a hard time with newer styles/ways of wearing things, but (as always) to each her own.

Honored Contributor

Vast majority of women wear tops untucked.  A lot of the hosts on QVC wear semi tucked.  Nothing wrong with either.  I wear tucked sometimes.  If you don't have your belly sticking out...it's perfectly fine.

Honored Contributor

I sometimes do a half tuck. I like the look of a slouchy top over loose/slouchy pants. Closer fitting tops just don’t give me the look I like.

I bought a Liz Claiborne top last summer that was designed with a nice twist at front hemline that has the look of a tuck, and the back doesn’t look awkward. I try to use a similar tuck with other loose tops.

What I think is unattractive is a tuck with leggings or slim pants, and a tuck when the top is a hi-lo with squares off hemlines. The square back hanging out looks like a fanny flap.
Honored Contributor

Geesh not again?  What does it matter? (my same response)

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I don't mind it on others, but I wouldn't do it myself. I carry my extra weight in my tummy, so wouldn't want to emphasize that.