Honored Contributor

Re: The "Sunset of Their Lives?"

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

This old sunseter has already been out at 6:45 watering her trees and push mowed around her shrubs. Now, going to hit the recumbent bike for a 30 min work out. then wash some clothes, mop the floors, iron some clothes.

Maybe I can sit down by this afternoon. When I was 20 I thought 50 was older then dirt, young kids think your old when your 30. I do more in my 60's in one day  then most young people do in a week.

Good for you!  It all starts with good health, without it doing things becomes quite difficult.  Enjoy being so blessed!

I praise God everyday believe me. I don't smoke , drink or honky tonk. Been with one man . No rock star here.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Hot Street wrote:

I just watched an interview with a member of law enforcement in Michigan talking about the two bailiffs who lost their lives yesterday due to the shooting at a courthouse.

This law enforcement officer named the 2 victims, ages 61 and 63 and said they "Were in the sunset of their lives."   

I think this "spokesperson" needs to do his homework and know that the 60's isn't considered elderly or the sunset of our lives.

Yep, it takes the sun a while to go down, one can hope, but it is definitely nearing the horizon.  I'm over 60. . . by the way.  I understand that.  No problem.

Heck, there are plenty of people on this forum who revel in posting obnoxiously about "old people" - which in their tiny, narrow minds, could be anyone over 50 - who knows?

LOL there is a massive amount of whining and complaining on a regular basis about younger people on these forums. A heck of a lot more than people complaining about older people. 

LOL it just depends on which threads you read.

And how sensitive you are to what you're reading...

Not buying that one is being especially sensitive when phrases like "old people/old fogeys/old bats" are used in a deliberately derogatory manner meant to insult. Not at all speaking of the OP post, BTW, I think that's mountain/molehill territory.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

That speaker was no authority on anyone's 'sunset of their lives'.  What an ignoramous.  Remember, when the sun sets, it rises again to a new dawn/day. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Hot Street wrote:

I just watched an interview with a member of law enforcement in Michigan talking about the two bailiffs who lost their lives yesterday due to the shooting at a courthouse.

This law enforcement officer named the 2 victims, ages 61 and 63 and said they "Were in the sunset of their lives."   

I think this "spokesperson" needs to do his homework and know that the 60's isn't considered elderly or the sunset of our lives.

Yep, it takes the sun a while to go down, one can hope, but it is definitely nearing the horizon.  I'm over 60. . . by the way.  I understand that.  No problem.

Heck, there are plenty of people on this forum who revel in posting obnoxiously about "old people" - which in their tiny, narrow minds, could be anyone over 50 - who knows?

LOL there is a massive amount of whining and complaining on a regular basis about younger people on these forums. A heck of a lot more than people complaining about older people. 

@jaxs mom

There are a lot of disgruntled people around, period.  If it isn't one thing, it's another.

Someone had the nerve to use a check in a store, someone had a fussy toddler with them, someone got to a parking space before them, it goes on and on.  I had no idea there were so many continually unhappy people out there.

Honored Contributor

Hey Noel!  I hope you are doing ok.  Heart

Yeah, that's the reason I am just not out and about very much anymore.  I am fortunate that the places where I DO go are usually populated with nice people.  I do like nice people!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

This old sunseter has already been out at 6:45 watering her trees and push mowed around her shrubs. Now, going to hit the recumbent bike for a 30 min work out. then wash some clothes, mop the floors, iron some clothes.

Maybe I can sit down by this afternoon. When I was 20 I thought 50 was older then dirt, young kids think your old when your 30. I do more in my 60's in one day  then most young people do in a week.

Good for you!  It all starts with good health, without it doing things becomes quite difficult.  Enjoy being so blessed!

I haven't had good health for quite a while, it's always a struggle with one thing or another with lupus, yet from what I can see, I am happier than most people here.

Someone here once told me no one can be as happy as I am, it's all a lie.  LOL, how sad to think that way.

We are a close and loving family, including the kitties, we celebrate large and small holidays, we laugh a lot.

Not being in the best of health isn't the end until it is Smiley Happy  And none of us know when that will be.

Super Contributor

@ Jaxmom ---- I don't think being in their 60's is the sunset of anyone's life, and I do agree with you that there's a lot of complaining and whining about young people and how much better things were before all the new technology. One should throw away their computers and cell phones then! Problem solved! 😀
Honored Contributor

All I can say is how hard it would be to be able to string a coherent sentence together under the circumstances, especially in front of the news media.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

I haven't had good health for quite a while, it's always a struggle with one thing or another with lupus, yet from what I can see, I am happier than most people here.

Someone here once told me no one can be as happy as I am, it's all a lie.  LOL, how sad to think that way.

We are a close and loving family, including the kitties, we celebrate large and small holidays, we laugh a lot.

Not being in the best of health isn't the end until it is Smiley Happy  And none of us know when that will be.

@Noel7, Despite your health challenges, you do have a positive view of life.  Your postings are always thoughtful and positive.  I cannot imagine you ever responding to another poster in a harsh or condescending manner.  You are a happy person and yes, happier than some others here.  That is obvious.  All my best to you and your family, of course including the kitties.  

Esteemed Contributor

Both of these men had already retired from careers in LE.