Honored Contributor

Re: The "O" (Oprah) Factor disappearing

@bri20 wrote:

WW messed with the points too many times.  People like familiarity.   It's a good program, but stick with what people like 

I'm not an Oprah fan - too phoney and full of herself 

Bingo... this is the problem.  It has nothing to do with Oprah.  Every January they change the program and roll out a new one.  Then any aids you bought, like the point calculator and cookbooks need to be replaced.  Not to mention that the website isn't up and running with the changes in January.

@bri20

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

WW messed with the points too many times.  People like familiarity.   It's a good program, but stick with what people like 

Bingo... this is the problem.  It has nothing to do with Oprah.  Every January they change the program and roll out a new one.  Then any aids you bought, like the point calculator and cookbooks need to be replaced.  Not to mention that the website isn't up and running with the changes in January.

@bri20

Wow...I didn't know that. No wonder they have problems.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

@bri20

And THAT'S the shtuff that one "has to buy" that I was talking about earlier.

And I bet all of those "must haves" isn't cheap either.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

@bri20

And THAT'S the shtuff that one "has to buy" that I was talking about earlier.

And I bet all of those "must haves" isn't cheap either.

@Plaid Pants2

I've never had to buy anything.  I got emails about the food products.  Advertisements, nothing I was required to buy.  

I did buy The WW Complete Cookbook when I saw it at Costco, that was a good investment but once again, not required.

Esteemed Contributor

This isn't really about WW. The Mods know that right?
Respected Contributor

I think Oprah's claim that she can eat bread and lose weight is very hard to believe.  Oh, I believe she loves bread all right, she will never be svelte if she eats that everyday.  

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Oprah has an addiction...food. When she came on television talking about bread, I knew she never came to terms with the fact that the brain is changed in people with addictions to certain foods and we cannot ever eat them without eating them in excess. Changed brain chemistry similar to any addiction. And those sugared up entrees and desserts, a true food addict will be triggered by these foods. Weight Watchers is great for some but food addicts are going to have a lot of issues with all that sugar.

Oprah's credibility is suffering when she keeps doing something the same way expecting a different result. 

@Trinity11 I don't think her creditability suffers at all because Oprah is one of millions who have suffered through yo-yo dieting, different food fads etc. Despite all of her money she continues to fight her battle with food and weight gain. People tend to empathize with her with her failures because it humanizes her.

I like your response.....it is very kind. For myself, I want Oprah to get real and understand that those of us (I count myself in that group) that can't handle foods that are high in carbs need to abstain completely.

I think for Oprah or anyone for that matter to have credibility they need to walk the walk. I am far more likely to follow someone who has found the solution and not yo-yo dieted her entire life. I guess what I mean is that my role model is someone that suffers from the same food addictions and seems to have conquered them.

Honored Contributor

@Lila Belle  Many of us do realize that and that's why we're posting that WW has the problem, not Oprah.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Oprah has an addiction...food. When she came on television talking about bread, I knew she never came to terms with the fact that the brain is changed in people with addictions to certain foods and we cannot ever eat them without eating them in excess. Changed brain chemistry similar to any addiction. And those sugared up entrees and desserts, a true food addict will be triggered by these foods. Weight Watchers is great for some but food addicts are going to have a lot of issues with all that sugar.

Oprah's credibility is suffering when she keeps doing something the same way expecting a different result. 

@Trinity11 I don't think her creditability suffers at all because Oprah is one of millions who have suffered through yo-yo dieting, different food fads etc. Despite all of her money she continues to fight her battle with food and weight gain. People tend to empathize with her with her failures because it humanizes her.

I like your response.....it is very kind. For myself, I want Oprah to get real and understand that those of us (I count myself in that group) that can't handle foods that are high in carbs need to abstain completely.

I think for Oprah or anyone for that matter to have credibility they need to walk the walk. I am far more likely to follow someone who has found the solution and not yo-yo dieted her entire life. I guess what I mean is that my role model is someone that suffers from the same food addictions and seems to have conquered them.

But there are people who never conquer their addictions to food or still have problems with their weight. She may not be model thin but she does say that she eats healthy.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

But there are people who never conquer their addictions to food or still have problems with their weight. She may not be model thin but she does say that she eats healthy.

@JaneMarple

@Trinity11

Oprah had childhood traumatic events which are known to cause a change in metabolism and weight gain for life.

I can say no more on this forum about that.