Honored Contributor

The quiet tropics are churning up -

Tropical storm Gordon is in the Gulf, and hurricane Florence is headed for the carolinas perhaps - still too far out to know. Happy September. Certainly nothing in comparison to last year at this time.

Respected Contributor

Re: The quiet tropics are churning up -

OH NO!  We are headed for the SC coast on Friday for ten days. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some folks along the Texas coast are still in the process of getting their homes and businesses repaired from last years hurricane....I hope they dont get hit with more bad weather...Woman Sad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@KentuckyWoman- Hurricane season starts on 6/1 but really ramps up from mid August through October 31. The last few years, the storms came in September & October.

Esteemed Contributor

Some areas still have not been able to repair their homes/businesses from Hurricane Matthew and that was maybe 2 yrs ago

Honored Contributor

and here and there on Long Island (and I assume NJ and NYC) there's still Superstorm Sandy recovery going on.  And Katrina and Maria and   and   and!

So many different areas across the country suffer such extreme damage from storms, from tornadoes, from wildfires, etc. that I'm really not surprised when these massive rebuildings take years. I understand our impatience because the displacement and emotional loss is as extreme as the damage - I just don't know how to get everything done.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt Gordon is a storm not a hurricane.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

@151949

If a home is already damaged from a hurricane and in the processes of being repaired and then a STORM comes along with heavy rains and flooding, thats not going to help those people who have holes in their roofs which are still in the midst of being repaired!!!!!!.  Hope this clairifies my point........... A storm on top of hurricane damage doesnt help

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@151949

If a home is already damaged from a hurricane and in the processes of being repaired and then a STORM comes along with heavy rains and flooding, thats not going to help those people who have holes in their roofs which are still in the midst of being repaired!!!!!!.  Hope this clairifies my point........... A storm on top of hurricane damage doesnt help

@Spurt  Agree and Houston was hit in 2008, too. 

All the major areas-Sandy, Harvey, Katrina-etc. leave such devastation especially for low-moderate income families. 

I'm sure all the good people in any of those areas brace when they hear of a new system forming-be it tropical or hurricane strength.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I don't pretend that rain coming down 'in buckets' begins to be comparable to the severity of a hurricane, but we sure are getting more than our share of rain here in Wisconsin. Fortunately, our home has not been hit by flood damage (yet).