Respected Contributor

The quarters that represented each state.

Seeing the post asking if anyone planned to purchase any memorabilia from Queen Elizabeth reminded me of something that I had been meaning to ask for some time.

How many of you purchased the quarters that were minted for each state?  Years ago when QVC was selling the book that held each coin I purchased one.  I patiently searched for each state coin so I could fill the book.  Now the book is sitting, along with the coins, in my closet.  I don't think I've looked at it for years.

I often think I should just take the coins out and use them.  I have no idea why I'm saving them.  I don't think they are worth anything more than the value of each quarter.  I think I just got caught up in the fun of collecting them and now I think how silly that was.  

If any of you did collect these quarters, do you still have them or have you just used them along with all you other coins? 

Honored Contributor

Re: The quarters that represented each state.

I collected all of them in the little book and then spent them.

My husband had the little book filled also.  I gave his completed collection to our grandson. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I spent them. 

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl   They'd be great to pass on to a child along with history lessons on each state.  Educational and fun.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have used the quarters like my other coins. I never liked them since some were hard to recognize with my old eyes! 

Honored Contributor

I bought the folder at B & N and patiently collected them for as long as it took.

I have 2 sets tucked away in a drawer, maybe I will give them to my daughter for my grandson.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never collected any coins that were more than a penny!  Pennies?  I've loads of them.  I would have spent the quarters.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Regular Contributor

I collected two sets and then gave them to my adult son.

Had fun collecting the different states - even had coworkers being on the lookout for different states that were harder to find.  Seated on the floor compiling the two sets with quarters scattered in all directions.  Mission accomplished!!

Esteemed Contributor

My son and I each did one of those blue books. We still have them.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I have a book of them too.  Probably not worth much more than face value but an interesting collection nonetheless.

The New Hampshire quarter came out in 2000 and featured a rock formation called The Old Man of the Mountain.  In 2003, the Old Man collapsed.  Smiley Sad

old man of the mountain.jpg