Honored Contributor

The price of gas in NJ

[ Edited ]

Tomorrow our gas will be $.23 more per gallon. When I passed by gas stations today, there were lines reminiscent of the gas crisis of (about) 1973.

We go from being one of the cheapest states (for gas) to one of the most expensive.

Honored Contributor

We filled up two of our vehicles yesterday.  No lines at all.  I wonder if they'll ever do away with the attendants?  Would that make any difference in the price of gas?  I mean, I realize they aren't making millions, but all the attendants (round the clock at some stations) does add up.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I only have one-half tank and planned on going today and never did.  Oh well.

Honored Contributor

why  a .23 increase in one day?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Is NJ the only state that does not have pump your own gas? Guess that's what you get when they are paying $15 an hour or whatever for people to pump your gas. I'm surprised they don't require elevator operators in all elevators. Remember those?

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

It's a brand, spanking new tax.

Honored Contributor

lulu2 wrote:

Sunshine45 wrote:

It's a brand, spanking new tax.

ahaaaa.....got it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

well living in FL they (gas prices) have no "ceiling" like NJ where the gas can only be raised by 5 cents (I think from what I recall).

For instance, Saturday am gas is $2.09 by Sat afternoon it can be $2.29. That's why living here I never go below 1/2 tank since one never knows what gas price will be!

Today it's $2.17/gal and yes, we pump our own - I like it because I'm not waiting for someone to come -- I'm in and out!

I find wawa gas prices better than Sams in my area.

If you think gas prices are bad the Food prices here are ridiculous - as much as I hate it for 2 it's cheaper to eat out! I wonder what and why a lb. of cheese is $8.79😳 or peppers $2.89/lb. forget about fruits...sky high! 

Honored Contributor

You New Jerseyites  are really going to be in a pickle when oil prices, and subsequently gas prices, go up again.   Yea gads, that stuff is going to be like gold.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

One of the main gasoline pipelines carrying gas from Houston to NJ exploded yesterday in Helena, Alabama.  Here we go again, the line was down back in September also.

pipeline explosion