Super Contributor
On 4/27/2014 TaxyLady said:
On 4/27/2014 gloriajean said:

The truth is that Jesus started the Church over 2000 years ago. That's in the Bible when He told Peter, Matt.16.18 - Jesus says " And so I say to you, you are Peter and upon this rock I will build my Church and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. Peter was the first Pope. Now this is all true. This Church has continued in tact for all this time. I am not here to argue with anyone, but just to speak the truth. God bless everyone! Happy Divine Mercy Sunday!! Going to Mass shortly and will be receiving Him in Holy Communion. This morning is First Communion for our parish - all the girls are dressed in white with veils and the boys in suits! Thanks be to God for the Gift of the Eucharist!

Yes you are here to argue Gloriajean. You have been continuing to argue. Jesus did not build a church upon Peter. Jesus built his church (made up of those who believe) on what Peter said about Him being the Messiah. I understand you. You follow a religion. But, Jesus did not come to establish a religion and He didn't. How can you put faith in a religion that has failed over and over again? This nice thread will probably be poofed because of your insistence that your religion should take precedence over God's Word.

What a rude and ignorant response. There are different denominations posting here and your my way or the highway approach to religion is condescending and enough to turn anyone off to religion for good.
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, Serenity! How true, that's for sure. No one will turn me off my Religion though, I love it for all it stands - the one Jesus started with all His teachings - But I will never post with her again - I've said my say - and it stands. Praise be Jesus!

Super Contributor
On 4/28/2014 gloriajean said:

Thank you, Serenity! How true, that's for sure. No one will turn me off my Religion though, I love it for all it stands - the one Jesus started with all His teachings - But I will never post with her again - I've said my say - and it stands. Praise be Jesus!

I think people here have different religions or are spiritual so it really isn't my business to tell them that they won't be saved unless they follow a certain protocol to get to heaven. Some of the best human beings I have ever known are atheists and agnostics. I have absolutely no doubt that if there is a heaven they are residing there right now....smile.
Valued Contributor

Jesus never established a religion. Religion is man made and full of errors. Jesus established his kingdom here on earth, claimed to be equal with God, paid the sin debt for the entire world, gave the Holy Spirit and the gifts of the Spirit to empower us. Religion is what Jesus denounced and rebuked. Even Paul on many occasions had to rebuke people because they put their focus on rules and regulations instead of Christ.

Religion has almost destroyed Christianity over the years. Especially with wars and unimaginable punishments. True Christianity is a way of life and belief that Jesus was who He said He was. Christianity is not based on our performance but rather Jesus's. You can't earn God's love, blessings, favor or salvation. He has always loved you, blessed you, healed you and saved you. When you think for a moment that doing rituals and following laws and regulations is going to save you or make God move in your life, you are making what Jesus did on the cross of no effect according to Paul.

When a religion exhorts people into deity it is telling people that Jesus is not enough. We need to worship a woman or people in religious authority. What a slap in the face to our Savior.

Esteemed Contributor
On 4/27/2014 Violetz said:

This is the chorus to a beautiful hymn.

Because he lives
I can face tomorrow
Because he lives
All fear is gone
Because I know
He holds the future
And life is worth the living
Just because he lives.

Beautiful, its all about Jesus!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor
On 4/28/2014 TaxyLady said:

Jesus never established a religion. Religion is man made and full of errors. Jesus established his kingdom here on earth, claimed to be equal with God, paid the sin debt for the entire world, gave the Holy Spirit and the gifts of the Spirit to empower us. Religion is what Jesus denounced and rebuked. Even Paul on many occasions had to rebuke people because they put their focus on rules and regulations instead of Christ.

Religion has almost destroyed Christianity over the years. Especially with wars and unimaginable punishments. True Christianity is a way of life and belief that Jesus was who He said He was. Christianity is not based on our performance but rather Jesus's. You can't earn God's love, blessings, favor or salvation. He has always loved you, blessed you, healed you and saved you. When you think for a moment that doing rituals and following laws and regulations is going to save you or make God move in your life, you are making what Jesus did on the cross of no effect according to Paul.

When a religion exhorts people into deity it is telling people that Jesus is not enough. We need to worship a woman or people in religious authority. What a slap in the face to our Savior.

Hi! Hope you're having a great day, I enjoy your posts so much!! Andrew has a real gem with you~!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Valued Contributor
On 4/28/2014 emmiesmom said:
On 4/28/2014 TaxyLady said:

Hi! Hope you're having a great day, I enjoy your posts so much!! Andrew has a real gem with you~!

Thank you for the kind words. I am having a great day!!! I pray you are having a great one too. The sun is shining here. Good day to go outside and enjoy God's creation.

Respected Contributor

So well said Taxy. No one is going to change my beliefs either so I can't help but wonder what the purpose was to make the comments that originally started myself and others to defend our faith.. Surely one would expect that there would be those who would react negatively to such comments in defense of what is their truth.

I hope we can wrap this discussion up now and concentrate on the Lord Himself during the rest of this beautiful day! Many of your comments, ladies, have given me food for thought!