QVC Customer Care

Re: The post office is hiring ....

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC, inappropriate comments.

Honored Contributor

For anyone who resents the retirement the postal workers get (or any government worker) - well as long as you pass the test just about anyone could get hired to be a government worker.  So don't complain about the decent pension plans they have!!The misconception that government workers don't do much and are lazy is just that.  Most work just as hard or harder than workers in the private sector - plus they have to put up with all the beaurocratic BS which at times prevents them from doing their job as efficiently as they would like. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Pook wrote:

For anyone who resents the retirement the postal workers get (or any government worker) - well as long as you pass the test just about anyone could get hired to be a government worker.  So don't complain about the decent pension plans they have!!The misconception that government workers don't do much and are lazy is just that.  Most work just as hard or harder than workers in the private sector - plus they have to put up with all the beaurocratic BS which at times prevents them from doing their job as efficiently as they would like. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

From what I recall part of the problem with the USPS was that a certain group wanted to privatize it, the same group who proposed privatizing the VA , Medicare and Social Security.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I want to say that here in the rural areas of Oklahoma the Postal delivery drivers have to drive with their legs spread over the middle console just to deliver the mail. IN THEIR OWN CARS!!! It is so rediculous and so cheap and a little abusive of the Post Office to do this to their employees. 

I wanted to sign up for a job delivering mail with them but I am not about to sit with my legs spread over the console so that I can deliver mail. This would be impossible. 

Just saying....

"Life finds a way." --- Ian Malcom Smiley Happy
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC, political comment