Honored Contributor

Re: The post about light bulbs

I certainly didn't start the post to argue about them. I found some bulbs, thanks to the post. I'm still looking for floodlight bulbs, indoor, 75W. I do feel the new bulbs don't hold a candle (ha,ha) to the incandesents they are replacing. I can't see what I'm doing in my kitchen, anymore. I also learned some information as to why my CFL bulbs don't last. A poster explained why this happens. Thank you all. 

Honored Contributor

@brewhaha wrote:

Thanks for shedding some light on that thread.

@brewhaha, you are so funny! 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I cut way back using my clothes dryer, so that should balance everything out........... 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I certainly didn't start the post to argue about them. I found some bulbs, thanks to the post. I'm still looking for floodlight bulbs, indoor, 75W. I do feel the new bulbs don't hold a candle (ha,ha) to the incandesents they are replacing. I can't see what I'm doing in my kitchen, anymore. I also learned some information as to why my CFL bulbs don't last. A poster explained why this happens. Thank you all. 

It wasn't your fault.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

p.s.  Some of the seniors around here were having trouble seeing the many steps in their homes when using the newer (at the time) CFL's.  They returned them and asked us to come back and replace them with the incandescant ones they originally had.  But, that was a couple or so years ago.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Oh well, what else do we have to do?  I didn't realize that thread turned argumentive.  I did see it was locked.

Honored Contributor

Hey, just think what a mess we'd be in if we didn't have any thoughts and opinions............Not a pretty picture.

Respected Contributor

@Bobbimom23 wrote:

My daughter is a lighting designer/engineer.  She recommended that we start buying LED bulbs.  She also prefers Phillips brand over the others.  Yes, LED's are expensive, but they are supposed to last longer and she says take less electricity/energy.

Your daughter is right! That is the brand I use and I LOVE THEM.   Not one blown out bulb yet, no issues with lighting.

And they come in a slim size, a "regular" looking bulb, so you don't need to be stuck with the curly bulbs

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Honored Contributor

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

It is so stupid, to argue about bulbs!!!

Then why bring it up again?