Esteemed Contributor

Re: The post about light bulbs

Types of lighting have a very real effect on some peoples' mood and even physical conditions.  Full spectrum lights are recommended for some suffering from depression during the winter, CFL lighting has been known to trigger migraines.  Some people may feel very uncomfortable in certain lighting and can only express it as not liking how it looks.  Why is it because some do not agree with the more popular answer they are victimized. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

Find energy-efficient light bulbs and the full line of GE lighting options at retailers nationwide and online.
Save $1.00 on any GE Lighting product retailing at $4.00 or more. Print Coupon

- See more at: http://www.gelighting.com/LightingWeb/na/consumer/where-to-buy/index.jsp#sthash.3LpdPhOS.dpuf

Honored Contributor

I have configurations of all kinds of bulbs.   The old school ones, then what came out first (huge regular looking bulb), then the curly q, then the flat ceiling ones that looked like runway lights.

Unless Ed Begley, Jr. is posting here, no one is any better than anyone else as far as conservation.  We're all on our computers now.....right?

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Smaug wrote:

@foundinlv wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

It is so stupid, to argue about bulbs!!!

Especially since G.E. still makes incandescents.  

http://www.gelighting.com/LightingWeb/na/consumer/products/highlights/energy-efficient-soft-white/

I've been looking for this type but haven't seen any in the stores. I found GE Soft White but all are halogen. 

I don't like those halogen bulbs they get so hot.

I saw the word "incandescent" and didn't read the rest of the box carefully and picked them up by accident. Sorry the photo is on its side. 

photo.JPG

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Trusted Contributor

Check on Amazon.  

Honored Contributor

@foundinlvI thought the incandescents were being phased out, but so far only the 100W were banned. for manufacturing.

I will look because none of the 100W replacements are good for me and that's the light I need.  That or more.  I just don't remember them being on any shelves around me.

Occasional Contributor

My daughter is a lighting designer/engineer.  She recommended that we start buying LED bulbs.  She also prefers Phillips brand over the others.  Yes, LED's are expensive, but they are supposed to last longer and she says take less electricity/energy.

Honored Contributor

When people had a good idea in the 1800's what did they use to depict that?Woman HappyWoman Wink

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

It is so stupid, to argue about bulbs!!!

OKAY.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I stocked up too plus we use the GE reveal LED bulbs..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee