Esteemed Contributor

Re: The 'other side' of the COVID in South Carolina...

@KKJ wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

The owners say no masks but they do have face shields they will provide  to customers. Mullins and Hampton, the co-owners no mask policy is because they have observed unhygienic practices with the masks and then they people handle their merchandise. They have seen people touching their face more with masks, picking them off the floor, putting on used masked pulled from their purse or pocket. They think the masks are unsanitary. When patrons enter. They are asked to remove their masks. Then they are given hand sanitizer and new face shield. 

@Mindy D  Wouldn't it be nice if all adults had common sense?

While waiting in a LONG line for drive-thru at CVS for my antibiotic after bone grafting surgery for an implant, this was my observation...

I've seen several folks removing masks improperly as soon as they left the Dollar General store. They couldn't wait to take them off. One man had his young son with him...maybe 6-7 yrs old. The child wasn't wearing a mask but he was. So then my thoughts go to obvious issues of unhygienicbehavior.

A couple of folks were wearing masks improperly (not covering their nose), so how many actually use hand sanitizer, wear gloves or wash their hands regularly?

I'm sure a lot of folks really don't pay attention to what they touch and then touch their face, etc even when they wear the masks. What can ya do? I guess the bottom line is, even if someone wears a mask, it doesn't mean they are practicing a hygienic routine.

For the rest of us, we have to be mindful of this for ourselves.

I can't believe how many of you spend so much time wondering and worrying what others may or may not do.  "Do they wash their hands?  Do they use hand sanitizer?  Why aren't they wearing masks properly?  Do they touch their faces and how many times a day?"   Sheesh!  I say if you're that worried and paranoid of what others may or may not be doing then just never leave your house ever again.  I mean, I  wear my mask and do take the normal precautions but I don't spend all my time worrying about what others are or aren't doing.  Out of my control.

Even when people are wearing masks you have people complaining they are not doing it right.....taking it off wrong.....touching their face....not using sanatizer.....on and on and on.  

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

The owners say no masks but they do have face shields they will provide  to customers. Mullins and Hampton, the co-owners no mask policy is because they have observed unhygienic practices with the masks and then they people handle their merchandise. They have seen people touching their face more with masks, picking them off the floor, putting on used masked pulled from their purse or pocket. They think the masks are unsanitary. When patrons enter. They are asked to remove their masks. Then they are given hand sanitizer and new face shield. 

While waiting in a LONG line for drive-thru at CVS for my antibiotic after bone grafting surgery for an implant, this was my observation...

I've seen several folks removing masks improperly as soon as they left the Dollar General store. They couldn't wait to take them off. One man had his young son with him...maybe 6-7 yrs old. The child wasn't wearing a mask but he was. So then my thoughts go to obvious issues of unhygienicbehavior.

A couple of folks were wearing masks improperly (not covering their nose), so how many actually use hand sanitizer, wear gloves or wash their hands regularly?

I'm sure a lot of folks really don't pay attention to what they touch and then touch their face, etc even when they wear the masks. What can ya do? I guess the bottom line is, even if someone wears a mask, it doesn't mean they are practicing a hygienic routine.

I can't believe how many of you spend so much time wondering and worrying what others may or may not do.  "Do they wash their hands?  Do they use hand sanitizer?  Why aren't they wearing masks properly?  Do they touch their faces and how many times a day?"   Sheesh!  I say if you're that worried and paranoid of what others may or may not be doing then just never leave your house ever again.  I mean, I  wear my mask and do take the normal precautions but I don't spend all my time worrying about what others are or aren't doing.  Out of my control.

You have read on here about people using or not using hand sanitizer?

I think I mainly read on here about folks not wearing masks or not wearing them properly. Seeing as how intelligent doctors have been advising the wearing of masks properly to stop the spread of COVID, I'm not sure why some have such a problem with it.

I am one of the ones who has a problem with folks who are too good to wear masks and social distance. I'm tired of not being able to spend time with my elderly parents. I'm doing all I can to make sure people, even ones like you don't get it, @KKJ!

SMHATWTH

Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

You have read on here about people using or not using hand sanitizer?

I think I mainly read on here about folks not wearing masks or not wearing them properly. Seeing as how intelligent doctors have been advising the wearing of masks properly to stop the spread of COVID, I'm not sure why some have such a problem with it.

I am one of the ones who has a problem with folks who are too good to wear masks and social distance. I'm tired of not being able to spend time with my elderly parents. I'm doing all I can to make sure people, even ones like you don't get it, @KKJ!

SMHATWTH

They're just trying to start fights. It's bait. When they yell at you and call names, it's deliberate bait.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Uh, I DO get it and you totally miss the point I'm trying to make---per usual. I am altogether with you on mask wearing, all other precautions and I don't travel and stay home most of the time. What I find baffling is the constant anger and whining about what others do or don't do.  It does no good. You can't control how others behave and yes some do behave badly.  You can only do the best you can do. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KKJ wrote:

Uh, I DO get it and you totally miss the point I'm trying to make---per usual. I am altogether with you on mask wearing, all other precautions and I don't travel and stay home most of the time. What I find baffling is the constant anger and whining about what others do or don't do.  It does no good. You can't control how others behave and yes some do behave badly.  You can only do the best you can do. 

What I find baffling is the constant anger and whining about what others post or don't post about COVID. It does no good. You can't control how others behave and yes some do behave badly. You can only do the best you can do.🤔

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@KKJ 

Like you, I do "get it". I have been consistent in all the many years and thousands of posts on these forum. This on many different topics from A-Z.

Worry about "what might be/what could be", I have said is a waste of time and energy, unless! The "might be and could be" are things you can control. If not?

About the only time I regularly care about what others are doing? When I am driving on public roads. I call it "defensive driving", and as one that has been driving for 66 years. Number of wrecks with me driving? ZERO.  

Face it people, you can only control what you do. Does that make those that think differently "uncaring/don't get it " or any of the large litany of negative things said to them or about them, wrong? Not to me.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KKJ wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

🙄

can't believe how many of you spend so much time wondering and worrying what others post about. What others are or aren't wanting to post about is out of our control.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

I just read an article titled:

"No ‘germ muzzles’ allowed: South Carolina store owner defends her mask ban"

dahblink.gif...Ummm.

@Susan Louise   I hope she's not in line to get a vaccine that should go to more intelligent folks.

Wow!!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Its not complicated. Yesterday 2,800 of our fellow Americans died from this and not 3 weeks ago we were losing 1,000 a day. If you do the math that is double in 2 weeks time.

It's going to get worse in a few weeks time after Thanksgiving celebrations.

There are 100,000 people in hospitals today in this country from this very virus. Just google where in the country it's the worst, the places that had people screaming about their freedoms, refusing to wear masks and now army nurses are being called in to overwhelmed hospitals. Some are building field hospitals because they have run out of beds.

I would only hope all these deniers would spare the health care workers when their freedoms land them sick enough to want to go to the hospital.

Frequent Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

My first reaction is to be glad I don’t need to shop in that area myself, but a second is to feel bad for the hospital staffs and other first responders in the area unnecessarily exposed to possible greater spread of a killer virus.  They do not have the luxury I do to stay away.

True @millieshops.

😢