Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: The 'other side' of the COVID in South Carolina...

I saw this on local news yesterday. Think it was Mullins.Small town bout 30miles away.Downtown which looked to be where her store was.

I thought when she opened her mouth Really? She has a like decor shop.She was straightening a comforter on bed as she talked.

Said she seen people picking masks off their dash,floorboard, & off the ground.Hmmm maybe has slot of time on her hands?

My car is immaculate so if I pick up anything it is clean .Thank you.

Said she didn't want that in her shop so she rather have the freshest covid straight from source huh?

JMO is I felt she had to come up with something to explain away her way of thinking.

Also ,could be wrong but don't think from looks of her shop that people that go there are picking  masks off ground.

I ' all pass.She definitely doesn't have anything I want.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

I just read an article titled:

"No ‘germ muzzles’ allowed: South Carolina store owner defends her mask ban"

dahblink.gif...Ummm.

@Susan Louise @I guess she doesn't care if she loses some revenue. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

dahblink.gif...Ummm.

@Susan Louise @I guess she doesn't care if she loses some revenue. 

@Mindy D  And 'possibly' losing customers in more ways than one.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The owners say no masks but they do have face shields they will provide  to customers. Mullins and Hampton, the co-owners no mask policy is because they have observed unhygienic practices with the masks and then they people handle their merchandise. They have seen people touching their face more with masks, picking them off the floor, putting on used masked pulled from their purse or pocket. They think the masks are unsanitary. When patrons enter. They are asked to remove their masks. Then they are given hand sanitizer and new face shield. 

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

dahblink.gif...Ummm.

@Susan Louise 

It's her store. I doubt she is forcing anyone to enter. Maybe she is following her scientists and epidemiologists! Some of us do.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

The owners say no masks but they do have face shields they will provide  to customers. Mullins and Hampton, the co-owners no mask policy is because they have observed unhygienic practices with the masks and then they people handle their merchandise. They have seen people touching their face more with masks, picking them off the floor, putting on used masked pulled from their purse or pocket. They think the masks are unsanitary. When patrons enter. They are asked to remove their masks. Then they are given hand sanitizer and new face shield. 

@Mindy D  Wouldn't it be nice if all adults had common sense?

Today, while waiting in a LONG 'drive thru' line at CVS for my antibiotic after bone grafting surgery for an implant, this was my observation...

I saw several folks removing masks improperly as soon as they left the Dollar General store next to the CVS. They couldn't wait to take them off. One man had his young son with him...maybe 6-7 yrs old. The child wasn't wearing a mask but he was. So then my thoughts go to obvious issues of unhygienic behavior.

A couple of folks were wearing masks improperly (not covering their nose), so how many actually use hand sanitizer, wear gloves or wash their hands regularly?

I'm sure a lot of folks really don't pay attention to what they touch and then touch their face, etc even when they wear the masks. What can ya do? I guess the bottom line is, even if someone wears a mask, it doesn't mean they are practicing a hygienic routine.

For the rest of us, we just have to be mindful of this for ourselves.

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

dahblink.gif...Ummm.

@Susan Louise 

It's her store. I doubt she is forcing anyone to enter. Maybe she is following her scientists and epidemiologists! Some of us do.

hckynut 

Exactly!   If you don't like her rules then don't go in.

Honored Contributor

This gives me reason to know staying home as much as possible is safer than being out.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

dahblink.gif...Ummm.

@Susan Louise   I hope she's not in line to get a vaccine that should go to more intelligent folks.

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@Mindy D  Wouldn't it be nice if all adults had common sense?

While waiting in a LONG line for drive-thru at CVS for my antibiotic after bone grafting surgery for an implant, this was my observation...

I've seen several folks removing masks improperly as soon as they left the Dollar General store. They couldn't wait to take them off. One man had his young son with him...maybe 6-7 yrs old. The child wasn't wearing a mask but he was. So then my thoughts go to obvious issues of unhygienicbehavior.

A couple of folks were wearing masks improperly (not covering their nose), so how many actually use hand sanitizer, wear gloves or wash their hands regularly?

I'm sure a lot of folks really don't pay attention to what they touch and then touch their face, etc even when they wear the masks. What can ya do? I guess the bottom line is, even if someone wears a mask, it doesn't mean they are practicing a hygienic routine.

For the rest of us, we have to be mindful of this for ourselves.

I can't believe how many of you spend so much time wondering and worrying what others may or may not do.  "Do they wash their hands?  Do they use hand sanitizer?  Why aren't they wearing masks properly?  Do they touch their faces and how many times a day?"   Sheesh!  I say if you're that worried and paranoid of what others may or may not be doing then just never leave your house ever again.  I mean, I  wear my mask and do take the normal precautions but I don't spend all my time worrying about what others are or aren't doing.  Out of my control.