Honored Contributor

The 'other side' of the COVID in South Carolina...

[ Edited ]

I just read an article titled:

"No ‘germ muzzles’ allowed: South Carolina store owner defends her mask ban"

dahblink.gif...Ummm.

Honored Contributor

Re: The 'other side' of the COVID in South Carolina...

Sorry folks...thought I started this thread in the community chat forum. Hopefully one of the mods can move it over there for me...oy. *sigh*

Trusted Contributor

Things like this are what keep the virus going from person to person. We are never going to eradicate this thing if people don't do their part.

Frequent Contributor

This is why so many support mask mandates. Sadly, we can't trust people to do the right thing for their community 

Honored Contributor

My first reaction is to be glad I don’t need to shop in that area myself, but a second is to feel bad for the hospital staffs and other first responders in the area unnecessarily exposed to possible greater spread of a killer virus.  They do not have the luxury I do to stay away.

Esteemed Contributor

Don't think this is exclusive to SC at all.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in SC and the counties in my area are Mask Mandated. Signs are up outside the door you must wear a mask to enter and the mask must cover your nose and mouth.

A couple of bars have been caught not enforcing the law and one of them is now in jeopardy of losing their liquor license.

One of the counties in the upstate has numbers in the hundreds every day. Don't know what they are doing up there, but they must be having a good time.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like a deliberate provokation to get in the news and then set up a Go Fund Me site for her legal fights. People have made 100s of thousands of dollars doing that.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's such a terrible shame, and a tragedy, that there are those, especially those in power, who have this ridiculously stupid and selfish (yes, I used those words because they DO apply!) attitude.   

Many will suffer for this and some will die.  All just for the idiocy and apathy of some.   Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Mad

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Wouldn't have mattered if it was left to individual governors because even the ones being lauded heros, didn't follow the rules they blathered about.  

So they fall into the group of the rest of the (cleaning it up here) donkeys.