Honored Contributor

Re: The office gossip got back to me......

@LilacTree you sew like my auntie did. She was so tiny ,she had to  learn , to get clothing that fit her properly

The dress I wore ,was a white brocade, with 3/4 sleeves, and  was knee length. The headpiece was a tiara style, made of of the same fabric as the dress ,with a shoulder length veil. It was very 1960's  .Looked very Audrey Hepburn

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@LilacTree you sew like my auntie did. She was so tiny ,she had to  learn , to get clothing that fit her properly

The dress I wore ,was a white brocade, with 3/4 sleeves, and  was knee length. The headpiece was a tiara style, made of of the same fabric as the dress ,with a shoulder length veil. It was very 1960's  .Looked very Audrey Hepburn

@cherry

It sounds lovely.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

@ellaphantI understand exactly why she wrote this and any other post about this co-worker.  I suspect if you were in her shoes you may want to share this story also.

It was interesting and believable!  Than,s for sharing! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Abrowneyegirl

Yikes, sounds like she was expecting to furnish a small country with those gift grabs.

You already know to IGNORE!  I wouldn't have given her the time of day.

Just went to a wedding a few weeks back where the wedding party lurched and twitched up the aisle to Uptown Funk.  DH couldn't hear the music and thought something was wrong with everyone.

It was a wild scene to say the least Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Why would you write a long, judgemental post  about a co-worker's wedding? Her wedding, her choices. I would simply ignore

And why would you write a judgemental post about HER POST?

Take your own advice and IGNORE.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl

Yikes, sounds like she was expecting to furnish a small country with those gift grabs.

You already know to IGNORE!  I wouldn't have given her the time of day.

Just went to a wedding a few weeks back where the wedding party lurched and twitched up the isle to Uptown Funk.  DH couldn't hear the music and thought something was wrong with everyone.

It was a wild scene to say the least Cat LOL

@Witchy Woman...LOLOL...This is hilarious!...You have a talent for very descriptive writing and the image that has flashed before me has caused a fit of hysterical laughter!... I would have loved to have seen both of your reactions!..Too funny! Cat LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

As long as greedy, low-class people are encouraged by those who don't have the stones to stand up to them and not give/donate-then the greedy low-class people will continue to push for more $$,more gifts, etc.

If people didn't give to her, she would stop and the remarks by her be darned.

Who cares what somebody thinks?  Work is supposed to be about work; I can see a charitable cause such as a worker losing a loved one, etc.

Weddings/showers/and all of that should be handled outside of the "5 o'clock world".

@Abrowneyegirl  She's just not that important.  You know this.  Ignore the gossiping Gerties;  you won't be the first to be the subject matter nor the last.  It's just junior high antics.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

She is selfish and greedy, and people not close or related who continue to comply with her gift grabs are feeding the greed. Let her gossip all she wants as it shows you have some sense and she none.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Abrowneyegirl  Hope you are off the "gift grab" list forever!  You've handled an annoying person like I would. Nicely, but with a distance.

Just a quick note: Not all young people are like that! My neice was married over Memorial Day weekend in Florida. She and her husband paid for the entire elegant three-day celebration. My sister and BIL didn't pay for any of their wedding! They had their immediate families stay in a B&B following the reception so no one would be driving following the toasting and celebrations! They also had rooms at the B&B for the entire wedding party the day of the wedding (10 attendants, 10 groomsmen and two children with their parents). So much thoughtfulness for the comfort of others.

Additionally, they provided so much information about the motels/hotels, car rentals, and items of interests (museums, art galleries, restaurants, theater, life music, concerts,  nightlife and other venues, etc.) for guests unfamiliar with Tampa/St. Pete in January for early itineraries and flight schedules.

I have previously given her 12 place settings with serving pieces of Lamoges Haviland China from France. However when I went on-line to check her registeries, she was only registered at places such as Target . . . and nothing over $50. They are both very successful professionals and don't need anything, but I wanted to take something with me to their wedding! Not a Target gift. (As it turned out I simply gave them a large check in a card, which worked well since I had flown in and it was raining. I honestly didn't want to shop!)  They are honeymooning in Costa Rica, but had signed my check prior to leaving. My BIL was handling the checks for deposit into their bank accounts. He called and asked if I really wanted to give them such a large check since I had already given the Haviland China? "Of course!" This is a couple who pays as they go. No debt ever. They live like I was raised. No wonder I'm so proud of them!

They always think of others first. Their huge group of friend were so much fun to meet and attend various parties with during the week prior to their wedding. Such nice 25-32 year olds. Met many of their parents, also. One of the largest weddings I've attended in a very long time. What a lovely, radiant bride and handsome, happy groom!  The rainy weather in FL didn't dampen anyone's spirits or slow us down from touring various favorite spots. They aren't about material things gained from others. They each found the important things in life many years ago: honesty, self-confidence and respect. <3

Edited: I found out after returning home, this amazing couple donated all their wedding money to underpriviledged children! Sorry I didn't include that in my post above.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

The greed of some people is just appalling. I think you are lucky to get rid of her , and her invitations

^This.