Respected Contributor

The office gossip got back to me......

I guess I have reached the age of "I just don't care!"

I have a greedy co-worker, she is in another dept, but we are in several meeting together so we see each other several times a week/month.

She is in her late 20's/early 30's and I posted on here about her wedding...

She was getting married on an island because it was very inexpensive, the small venue accommodated 12 people, she invited several hundred guests knowing that her friends/family and co-workers could not afford the trip. 

All invited guests were invited to the wedding shower(s).  An extensive registry was sent (all by email and Facebook) and the main items were "Fund the Wedding, Fund the Honeymoon"

She did announce that for those not able to attend the wedding they would host a picnic in the local park for those who wanted to congratulate them and drop off their wedding gifts.  She sent out a registry.

Then they got a place together......again mass email and Facebook invite to celebrate at the park.  Housewarming registry attached with a note that they preferred cash or gift cards.

Next they got pregnant, at 6 weeks pregnant she started going to the baby boutiques to register for gifts.  I asked her about the one store she registering, making small talk and she replied, "I don't know I have never shopped there because it is much too expensive, but I really want gifts from there."  She had 3 baby showers and now that the baby is born ANOTHER party for "Welcome the Baby".  Again- gift registry attached.

I have always offered her a very nice card, no gifts and now it has gotten back to me that she "has no patience for me,  as I have not bought her any gifts and I can afford it."   (!!!?????!!!!!)   I can not believe her attitude!   I laughed out loud went I heard this!  Maybe I will be off her future guest lists (or should I say gift lists). Smiley Wink

For the record I do give gifts to close co-workers, also a co-worker I barely know when their family suffered a horrible accident and was in need.  The office has also organized a fund raiser to support the family and I volunteered time and money.

My DH and I also support local charites and animal causes and are happy to do so. 

Honored Contributor

Re: The office gossip got back to me......

The greed of some people is just appalling. I think you are lucky to get rid of her , and her invitations

Honored Contributor

Your co-worker seems to be having many gift grabs. Shame on her!

Respected Contributor

She sounds selfish, greedy and self-centered.

Here's hoping she keeps you off her "me, me, me" gifts list.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Esteemed Contributor

People are really just something else......good for you! It sounds as if you have better things to do with your money!

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl, I suspect more people are gossiping about her than about you!

Respected Contributor

Why would you write a long, judgemental post  about a co-worker's wedding? Her wedding, her choices. I would simply ignore

Honored Contributor

Someday this will all be a faint memory.  It's a blip in the road of life.

Esteemed Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl, the office gossip has the greed gene.  Be glad that she has no patience for you.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

She is tacky and has zero class.