Honored Contributor

Re: The news stories today, are depressing

I'm very active in politics and believe it's our obligation to know what's going on, participate on campaigns/related activities, and vote.   However, so many of our so-called leaders me sick to my stomach.  I have certain news sources I rely on and I try to avoid the constant repetition of most news outlets.  

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal ... Most news is always bad on stations.  Ratings andthe grab for attention.  I read it, listen to it, think about it and then look for the small happy or funny story that is buried in the news rubble.  Most of the time there is something there that will bring me up and give me hope.

Happy or good stories are hard to find, but it's worth it to look for them.  Helps the heart and soul.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Contributor

It doesn't surprise me one bit.  It's all in The Book .  End times.

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart  Agree. I don't do 24/7 news and I'm careful on the ride to work, ensuring I listen to audio books or something soothing. IMO, This isn't a shining season for our country. We aren't treating one another or other countries respectfully. I don't see it improving anytime soon but we must try to stay encouraged.

However, I have news sources I trust to keep informed. If discussing political issues, these programs represent different viewpoints of an issue. I particularly enjoy recording Sunday morning shows that also have positive human nature segments into their programing, such as Sunday morning on CBS with Jane Pauley and Sunday Today with Willie Geist on NBC.        

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

No news is good news

and...

ignorance is bliss.

Esteemed Contributor

I try to not watch the News --- but when I'm enjoying a pleasant show - they break in with the DISGUSTING BAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm also sick of it.

Esteemed Contributor

I watch reruns.  I am saddened by what is happening and being reported.   

Honored Contributor

@TrulyMe wrote:

It doesn't surprise me one bit.  It's all in The Book .  End times.

That statement is a cop out. It says in The Book, no one knows when End times will come,  people have been predicting it for decades. I would say more, but I don't want my post to be deleted.

Honored Contributor

cannot NOT watch the news......tv, radio, newspapers, social media, emails......the news is everywhere and very difficult for me to avoid.

bad and sad news has always been around. we just hear more of it as our sources of communication grow. no way do i want to avoid hearing about what is going on around me.

a police officer was killed in our county a couple of days ago while trying to arrest four juveniles in a car. the driver ran her over. just so extremely sad that this young officers life was cut short. she is being buried tomorrow.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One thing I really like about the ABC evening news (David Muir) is that they always end the show each evening with a happy or uplifting story. 

Tonight it was about a young man who was homeless with his mom, but was very smart and worked hard in a writers program  .... and ended up getting a full scholarship to Harvard!   It was really heart warming to see things work out for him.