Honored Contributor

The new "Super Soft" Carpets and the vacuum you need for it.....

Our "new house" has the new super soft carpeting that most regular vacuums will not budge an inch on, including my Shark Rotator that I love.  Will.not.move. more than an inch and only if I lean into it like I were trying to roll a boulder uphill..... 

There are a few out there made specifically for these new carpets.... anyone buy one of them?  Which one did you buy and are you happy with it??  Please share.... TIA!  Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Re: The new "Super Soft" Carpets and the vacuum you need for it.....

@Q4u wrote:

Our "new house" has the new super soft carpeting that most regular vacuums will not budge an inch on, including my Shark Rotator that I love.  Will.not.move. more than an inch and only if I lean into it like I were trying to roll a boulder uphill..... 

There are a few out there made specifically for these new carpets.... anyone buy one of them?  Which one did you buy and are you happy with it??  Please share.... TIA!  Woman Happy

@Q4u.....You might want to check on a Hoover Self Propelled.  I have one....used it a lot when I cleaned my apartment myself.  You can adjust the height for best results.  Believe I got it from the Q.....it's been a while

Super Contributor

Yep!!  We recently got new Smartstrand Silk carpeting in our family room.  I LOVE it but our Dyson is useless on it.  We looked at which vacuums the manufacturer recommended and ended up buying a $100 Bissell from Amazon that allows you to select the pile.  It goes fine on level 4.

Whatever you do, don't force the vacuum or you'll ruin the carpet.

Esteemed Contributor

Yep we had the same problem at our old house. We ended up getting a Electrolux upright that used bags. I think if you look for a vscuum you can adjust the height you will find it will work.

Respected Contributor

The one we found to be the easiest to move over the carpet was a Miele canister.  It works good but I absolutely hate a canister vacuum.  It did solve the problem though.

Super Contributor

I should add the Bisell we bought is your standard bagless upright, if that makes a difference.  You just need a vacuum that can be adjusted for pile height.

Honored Contributor

had this type of carpeting installed in my house in June 018.

I tried my shark, Miele , bissell vac’s and nothing worked. 

Finally ordered my Soft carpet vacuum cleaner. It does a great job, use it every day.

Esteemed Contributor

For this reason I was careful to select deep pile carpet that was not too deep to vacuum when I bought new carpets in September. I had a shag-type area rug in my old LR and only the central vac without beater bar worked on it. My dog loved that carpet! it was pretty, but not very practical, Live and learn.

Honored Contributor

Thank you very much for your replies....  Boy I've been researching lke mad and don't want to spend the money on another vacuum (love my Shark) but am considering the Sonic Soft Vacuum.  It has bags and and no attachments but has the Sonic capability to "shake" dirt up to the surface.... and as long as I still have my Shark, I can do baseboards, hardwood and anything else requiring a wand..... still thinking.....

Thanks again for all your input..... Woman LOL   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*