Respected Contributor

The mysterious case of the shredded pj’s

Did the laundry yesterday as usual and when folding I discovered my very cute and new Victoria’s Secret satin boxer pj’s had met some terrible fate in the wash or dryer. It looked like a feral cat had gotten to them. Pulls everywhere, strings hanging off them like crazy. It looked like it was growing hair. I have washed them before with no incident. I can’t figure out what happed to them! So weird. I’m so mad because these are my pretty pj’s and I just got them recently. And they were not cheap when I bought them! I tried to fix them but I think there’s no hope. Boo hoo.

Honored Contributor

Re: The mysterious case of the shredded pj’s

Wow, that's odd, wonder what happened.  

Honored Contributor

personally, i dont find VS to have great quality products.

my daughters get some of their undies there, but little else.

they used to love that place as teens, but are now in their 20s and rarely shop there anymore.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Well one good thing about it, a reason to go shopping! 

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx   Maybe you should try to return them.  I had a bra that I only wore and washed a few times until the underwire popped through.  They took it back with no problems and advised me to always bring back items that Ifelt didn't hold up to normal standards.

Honored Contributor

Your p.j.s obviously got caught on something.  Must have been quite a tussle in the washer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know what else was in the wash load; but sounds like PJ's got tangled up with something else.............or the fabric (fabrication LOL) wasn't what you thought it was.  Sorry

Honored Contributor

Did you place the boxers in a lingerie bag before washing them?

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Did you place the boxers in a lingerie bag before washing them?

I did not, as I had washed and dried them successfully before. Going forward I’m now paranoid and will invest in some large lingerie bags. I only have small ones for the little things, they can’t fit pj’s.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've always washed around 6 pairs of pajamas (Carole Hochman) plus lots of underwear and t-shirts at the same time for many years - and the pajamas always get twisted and attaches to other items. But - nothing has ever been damaged. I suggest u return to Victoria Secret.