Honored Contributor

Re: The most famous people you've ever met

I met a bunch of hair bands backstage in the 80s when I was in grade school. My best friend's dad was a promoter so I got to do a lot of grown-up things tagging along with her family.

Somewhere in my nostalgia stash is my little Snoopy and Woodstock diary with a bunch of signatures from Ratt, Motley Crue, Rainbow, and others -- alongside my ponderings about what my unrequited first crush Brandon might be thinking.

I've met authors at signings and a few politicians. But I've never had a real conversation with a celeb. To me that would be really meeting them. In Nashville and the surrounding area I've had people point out country singers to me, but I never recognize them on my own.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Pick any Star Trek actor.  Been there, done the convention.  Still have a life.  😂🖖🏻

Valued Contributor

Luckily, all I've met have been really nice! 

John Glenn, Tom Hanks, Tom Chapin, Michael J. Fox&GaryDavid Goldberg, Sarah Jessica Parker,  Kim Catrell, Cynthia Nixon, Kristen Davis,  Harvey Fierstein, Meatloaf

Respected Contributor

John Denver

Tony Bennett

Paul Volker

Alan Greenspan

Don Meredith 

Tom Landry 

Lance Rentzel

Joey Heatherton

Trusted Contributor

Never met anyone famous, but was 500 feet from dustin Hoffman as he was filming a movie in a city near me. No one was around, and my husband said go say hi, i said what do i say to him? Needless to say, i didn't approach him, but went home and called everyone i knew to tell them i just saw him.
Valued Contributor

@shoekitty   Are you from San Carlos?  That's where I grew up!!!!  Small world!!

Honored Contributor

We saw one of the last Andy Williams Christmas shows in Branson. What a wonderful and talented man he was.
Respected Contributor

When I was a kid, one of my aunts worked at the ABC building in NYC and would sometimes invite us to visit.  One day, as we were leaving, heard a familiar voice say: "Hold the elevator, please."  It was Howard Cossell.  Remember him??!!!

Trusted Contributor

Years ago we met all the hosts from This Old House and The Victory Garden. It was a buffet and cocktails event held in a mansion near the Governor's mansion, so the food was top notch and devine. I was beside myself because I got to meet Norm Abram who I adored!! We spent most of the evening chatting and I was beyond thrilled. I grew up watching the show with my dad and brothers and never ever dreamed I would actually meet them. Steve Thomas was the host then and Marian Morash was doing the cooking on The Victory Garden. I have a picture with Norm, my husband, and me that I still have on the bookshelf. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

F/N/A luvstogarden
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Being a native Nashvillian has its perks of living around/shopping around lots of famous people.  My son was in Mother's Day Out at a Hendersonville church with Ricky Skaggs' daughter Molly.  Then when our son attended a private Christian school he was in class with Louise Mandrell's daugher and went to a birthday party for her where all the Mandrell sisters were there with their kids.  Little Jimmy Dickens attended (infrequently though) the Baptist church I grew up in, and he lived just down the street from us for several years.  I grew up with Eddie Hill's children (Joyce and Cheryl were closest in age to me).  If you don't know who he was, he was a country music singer/radio & tv personality.  All of these people in the places I saw them didn't act uppity or star-like at all--just down-to-earth personalities which is what I always have liked about the country music people.