Honored Contributor

Re: The most famous people you've ever met

Sang in the same high school choir as Robin Zander, the lead singer for the band Cheap Trick.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 : The first five were in H.S. (Goldie, Connie, Ben and Carl were classmates) Suzanne, Jim and Bob were when I worked for U.S.O. Very perceptive!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bob dylan, 1964, Berkeley. We knew he left when Joan Baez took center stage.  My friend and I left inside and went out back.  There he was , getting into limo. My friend asked for an autograph, but I didn't.  I felt like an intruder in the night, and too embarrassed to ask.  But I did say hi, stood back and he nodded at me.  There were just two of us out back.  What a guy, I still love him to this day. He nodded at me. Omg.

met frank sinatra jr in early 80's at Harrah's  in Tahoe   took wrong elevator. After several drinks.  It was the servants elevator to kitchen.  There he was with body guard.  There again I didn't say a word just smiled, but body guard asked how I got on that elevator.  Lol. I remember saying, I don't know it was just there.

i was in the main bathroom downstairs at Harrahs again, and in next stall was Florence Henderson.  That's when I knew celebrity's really do go to bathroom

in 1963 I was auditioning for a teen part at Circle Star Theater in San Carlos, California.  There was a small cafe next door. There was Sonny and Cher.  I talked t Sonny for 3 seconds.  He put money in jukebox.  Cher was sitting in booth.  What a knock out.  She wore this huge white fur hat. You know like one Janis Joplin wore? .  It was huge.  A white shaggy vest and black turtle neck.  She wore lots of foundation to flawless finish.  I did get both their autographs. There was also one of the pips from Gladys Night .at a bar, but it couldn't have been an alcohol bar cause I was 17.  It was a Denny type place. I sat next to him cause it was the only stool available. my dad picked me up.  How embarrassing.  

I did extra work in Uvas Canyan gilroy in 1969.  They were filming Liitle Fauss big Halsey, or visa versa.  I met Robert Redford, Lauren Hutton and Michael  j pollard.  Michal j pollard was bigger than Redford at the time..butch cassidy had not come out yet. Redford I saw from a  distance and filmed him, with one of those super 8.  I actually talked to Lauren Hutton and she was the most beautiful women I ever saw to that point.  Her eyes actually sparkled.  Her skin, omg. And just glowed with rosy cheeks. So tall and lithe. Like a swan.  What a smile.  She sat there and mimicked for the camera.  Michael pollard was in a hurry, she was not.  Then some guys came out and said I was on off limit area.  Lol. I had crossed the creek, but not intentionally.  But I had my film.  and they paid us 10 dollars cash a day.   That was enough for a weeks worth gas or more.  The film was lost.  I think my ex husband took it😼

in 1985 on the Redwood Run  run we stayed in Ferndale at this grand hotel that was a mansion at one time.  At breakfast I sat across from David Crosby.  He was one of the sweetest, quietest people. But just Kind.

we ran into Sam Elliot and Katherine and they had a child with them.  it was San Diego zoo, we  were looking at the snake exhibit. Sam Elliott or not. I had to get outta there quick. I hate snakes.  They nodded to us.  You would know him anywhere. Katherine  is just a natural stunningwoman.

Valued Contributor

The one I remember the most was Actor Ben Johnson because. My step father worked with him at Fat Jones Stables in North Hollywood, Ca. and we would go to his home quite often. Also Robert Mitchum, who would come over to are ranch in Norco, Cailf. My step father also worked with Ralph Hefner who was the owner of Africa USA in Soledad Canyon, Ca. where the TV show and Movie Daktari were filmed. 

Honored Contributor

Forgot to mention Janis Joplin.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Brian Kilmeade and Ann Coulter. Not too exciting compared to some of you.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Met Bill Clinton when he ran for pres the first time when he was campaigning, met Justin Hayward of the Moody Blues (shook his hand and he autographed a photo for me) after one of his solo concerts.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have met many famous people. I sat next to Art Buchwald many years ago on a plane;  most of you probably don't even know that name...but he was a famous columnist and was fascinating!  Have also met actresses Shelly Long, Ann Margaret, and Farrah Fawcett. Farrah had "handlers" who led her around and choreographed her every move. I felt very sorry for her, but we visited for quite awhile. Was stuck in an elevator in Lake Tahoe with Eunice Kennedy Shriver. I was freaked out but she was calm and said it wasn't a big deal....also met Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria, GW Bush; Chuck Norris filmed a lot of his episodes of Walker, Texas Ranger in our neighborhood so met him a few times. He used to live not too far away from us. Have met Dolly Parton, Dallas Cowboy Jason Witten, former Cowboy Roger Staubach, Mark Cuban, and too many MLB players to list....Bo Jackson and Rod Carew were very nice, we have spent many weeks at spring training in Scottsdale and Florida and have spent time with many of the players after hours....I sat through two games with Reggie Jackson while DH was at a business meeting....such a nice guy. Singer Charlie Pride uses the same dry cleaner that we do so have visited with him many times...he knows me by name...he doesn't get out much anymore now though; getting on in years. I saw Art Linkletter in an airport when I was a teenager...does that count?😬

Regular Contributor

When I was 9 yrs old, I went to a Night Club in our town with my Mother and sisters to see Andy Williams sing.(NY) Omg, he sang to me table side with a big spotlight on my face. I was so shy, and sooo embarassed!

I've also met Phil Donahue, (Chicago)John Mellenkamp, (S.C.) and, Muhammad Ali,(MI).

This was a fun question.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@Kachina624 : The first five were in H.S. (Goldie, Connie, Ben and Carl were classmates) Suzanne, Jim and Bob were when I worked for U.S.O. Very perceptive!

@patbz    That was some class you were a part of in high school.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment