Honored Contributor

Re: The most famous people you've ever met

@Pearlee wrote:
@Sooner. Then I'll one up you with Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward!

@Pearlee Well, that's nice.  But I don't rank them up there with Ali!  Woman Very Happy

Valued Contributor

@Sooner  I still can't even imagine. What a great memory to have.....

I remember years ago I had a huge crush on Ray Boom Boom Mancini (well it was between him and Wayne Gretsky there for a bit).....I finally thought I was going to get to see Ray box and didn't get to go.......wonder if he is still living?

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Esteemed Contributor

didn't meet but...

I walked past Drew Peterson in Walgreens parking lot after Stacy went missing.  He & Stacy belonged to the same Wine Styles that I did.

Respected Contributor

The most famous person I’ve was Thomas Kinkade. He was such a sweet person. And very good looking. So sad 😞 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Back in my college days we didn't have huge concert halls; most singers/bands played smaller venues at local colleges-even the Eagles.

We had an "auditorium" in the city where bands like The Rolling Stones played but Sha Na Na, Eagles, Odetta, Jose Feliciano, Tom Rush, the list went on forever-played colleges.

Forgot Carol King.  Now the names are all coming back.  LOL

I was involved with bookings for my college so I cannot even begin to list everyone I met.  Our college also coordinated with other local colleges so we would attend backstage at those, too.

The most recent today, a few years ago, was a "meet and greet" with Meat Loaf (Aday).  Or should I say "Meat and Greet".  Super nice guy-no quick "hello and photo op"-he spent a lot of time with DS, DDIL, and Me and the others who paid for VIP tickets.

As a kid, I shook hands with Liberace at a dinner club.  Woman Surprised

eta:  I would run into Thomas Gibson at Whole Foods.  Very friendly.

I haven't seen him in a few years, though. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@SunSprite  First night of his concert - I had never heard of him - I went into auditorium to see what this guy was all about - and he blasted out Born in the U.S.A - blew my mind.  Stayed in wings for his whole set  DH going wild looking for me to “work”.  

After show how got to meet and chat and to help him find foods he liked including avocados which I had never heard of but I did have a/c at Harrods whose Food Hall helped me out!  

Esteemed Contributor

Various baseball hall of fame players when with hubs -- but the best memory I have is Garth Brooks in Surprise, AZ when he worked out with the Royals baseball team during training camp. He stood around and chatted with onlookers. He even called my 16 year old daughter and shared a few words. Nice guy. So personable and down to earth. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Derek Jeter, when he was a kid. I worked with his mom for several years.

Most recently I guess it would be Jim Craig, the goalie from the 1980 US Olympic hockey team. He was in line behind me in an airport and struck up a conversation. 

I also know quite a few guys that are either active or retired from the NHL. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mally Roncal at the Q's Beauty Bash...she was so kind and warm (and funny!) to everyone and posed to take pictures.  I also met Tim McGraw's dad many years ago, Tug McGraw, who was a famous baseball player. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Frankie Valli, Bob Gaudio, Joe Long (LaBracio), Nick Buoniconti, Sen. Estes Kefauver, Melina Mercouri (actress), Jay and the Americans, Eugene Cernan (astronaut and "The Last Man on the Moon"), Robert Sumwalt (NTSB Chairman), Sen. Charles Mathias

ETA: Cannot believe I forgot Guy Lombardo.  Kachina's post jogged my memory.  Mr. Lombardo was playing at our swankiest hotel in my small hometown, and I somehow managed to get him to agree to an interview with 16-year-old me for the high school newspaper.  For those not familiar with Guy Lombardo and His Royal Canadians, the band's rendition of "Auld Lang Syne" is the gold standard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adwni-Jt8qQ