Honored Contributor

Re: The most comprehensive report on the new coronavirus

@Mindy D wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

I don’t understand what you mean. I want the citations and links to the ORIGINAL RESEARCH PAPER and I want to include the link to the corresponding news article about the study. I try to cite my sources and give credit. 

@Mindy D, is this addressed to my post? All I'm saying is that you stated that if we click on a term, the definition will pop up; right? But that's not the case unless the word or phrase is a link, and there are no links in your post.

ETA: You did post a link to the article at the end. So if I go to that article, I can find the link to the actually study. On that page, though, I'm not finding links to the medical terms.

@suzyQ3 If you put your finger over a term and press there will be choices that pop onto your screen just above the words you pressed on. Press SELECT. Then some choices will appear. Choose “Look Up” and you can get a definition or you can chose to search the web for more. You do not need to have a link in a post or any article to use this feature. I am doing this using and IPad with the browser Safari. I’m not sure if every other device and browser has this feature.

Hahaha, @Mindy D, there is no finger pressing on my desktop, thus my comments. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@suzyQ3- MindyD included the link to the New York Times where she lifted the article.  Hope you are doing well.

@qbetzforreal I wrote this post myself. I did not “lift” this. Quotations and information come from Journal of the American Medical Association. The link to the NYT is for those that want to learn more about this paper or want to read the information in a less technical format. Sorry, corrected the journal name.

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D 

So what are all the green checkmarks?

A ✅single patient in the hospital in Wunan ✅infected 10 healthcare workers and ✅four patients with the novel coronavirus.

Honored Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

@Mindy D 

So what are all the green checkmarks?

A ✅single patient in the hospital in Wunan ✅infected 10 healthcare workers and ✅four patients with the novel coronavirus.

They are my silly little way of making it easier for readers to find some important points.🤣🤣

Honored Contributor

Notice the CDC is also telling people to wash their hands with soap and water.  

If you can't use soap and water, then use antibacterial products but your first choice should be regular soap and water.  

Honored Contributor

I was reading that there is much discussion concerning lockdowns imposing threats to the citizens and the economy.I hope they don’t decide to stop quarantines

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Notice the CDC is also telling people to wash their hands with soap and water.  

If you can't use soap and water, then use antibacterial products but your first choice should be regular soap and water.  

Good advice...but not much different than an outbreak of Influenza,

which we currently have. 

F7FA07CA-7F00-4894-BB19-31442C00E776.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom, exactly.  Some people are in hysterics about this but the steps to avoiding this and the flu are the same but so many think nothing of the flu.

I was watching a news report Saturday about the cruise ship in Bayonne, NJ and the lead in to the story was "Now on to the deadly coronavirus."  I was thinking no wonder people are freaking out. The media isn't helping anything.

I also belong to 2 different cruise groups on FB and there are a couple people who refuse to listen to any kind of reason about this. They are borderling running around like their hair is on fire and want everyone else to be like that too.  The admin. of the one group finally said no more discussions about it because of the misinformation being spread by members.    

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

Yeah, it definitely has the danger-danger feel to it. 

It was 6yrs ago when Ebola was here in Dallas.

Concerning, yes, but our elected officials were very good

about not letting it turn into a hysteria wildfire.

I watch a YouTube channel, Agenda Free TV, and he broadcasts

breaking stories/news.  He's broadcasted over 160hours about 

this topic.  I finally had to unsubscribe...Too much danger-danger.

Influenza is more of a concern.

Reminder:  get your flu shot!