Honored Contributor

Re: The man who killed Cecil the lion is an American dentist

Sorry if I grossed anybody out. Most of the time I'm a nice person :-)
There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:
Sorry if I grossed anybody out. Most of the time I'm a nice person :-)

This story about that gorgeous creature makes us feel things we don't usually do, doesn't it?

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Hyacinth, my mother and I could have really graphic discussions about what we could do and still sleep like a baby when it came to cases of animal, children and old people abuse. Unfortunately, many of these discussions happened at the dinner table. My dad would start turning green and say, for God's sake, I'm tryin to eat. Lol
Honored Contributor

Where the outrage over the game parks in the U.S. where people pay their money to shoot a game animal that has been herded into a small area where the shooter almost can't possibly miss? I've seen these places in Texas and Colorado.  How about the person who wants a trophy and has a landowner corner an animal so it can't possibly escape, then the great hunter shoots his trophy.

This last situation actually happened here in NM.  The landowner was secretary of the NM Fish and Game Department, the shooter was a rich Texas attorney and the animal was a beautiful mountain lion cornered in a cave by a pack of dogs.  The secretary lost his job.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think it's all disgusting.
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:
I think it's all disgusting.

me too.

I dislike any big game hunters like this

it is one thing if you have to thin a herd,but what they are doing is just barbaric

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Esteemed Contributor

The Shame the Lion Killer Facebook page already has 15K likes.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Radar Online reports the good dentist has hired a PR firm.

Dr. Walter J. Palmer has faced public outrage after the Minnesota resident killed a beloved African lion, Cecil, earlier this month. Now, RadarOnline.com has learned, the dentist has hired a PR firm to help deal with the fallout...

After being publicly identified by the London Telegraph, Dr. Palmer hired J. Austin & Associates, a public relations firm.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/dentist-hires-public-relations-firm-killing-lion/

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

Is there a petition that is not through Facebook?  

@Bird mama   I'll hold your equipment while you do your worst to this disgusting guy.

In the meantime, if you all haven't heard of it already, there is a bit of good news in the anti-poaching field.  The Charles Lindbergh Foundation is using drones to help stop poaching of elephants and rhinos: http://airshepherd.org/

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

Is there a petition that is not through Facebook?  

@Bird mama   I'll hold your equipment while you do your worst to this disgusting guy.

In the meantime, if you all haven't heard of it already, there is a bit of good news in the anti-poaching field.  The Charles Lindbergh Foundation is using drones to help stop poaching of elephants and rhinos: http://airshepherd.org/

@GingerPeach Here you go

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/821/738/351/demand-justice-for-cecil-the-lion-in-zimbambwe/

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines