Respected Contributor

Re: The man who killed Cecil the lion is an American dentist

I know this isn't PC but if that dentist has that kind of disposable income to pay $55k plus trip expenses, I would really like to have the power to have his finances investigated by the IRS and the insurance board. I don't particularly care if he saved his entire career, let him feel the heat of those two investigative bodies.

Honored Contributor

"Do I support Gaming and/or Big Game hunts? No
Do I understand why it's done? Yes"

I understand why it's done, too.  It's a sick power trip. 

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Trusted Contributor

I hardly have words for post #79 by IG, and #80 by IamMrsG and then #88 by IG.  Then there is the comment by birdmama, post #100, about the glue gun.  These posts have also received hearts.  I never understand why I don't see this type of anger from all of the innocent human life that is legally snuffed out.

Honored Contributor

@oceantown wrote:

I hardly have words for post #79 by IG, and #80 by IamMrsG and then #88 by IG.  Then there is the comment by birdmama, post #100, about the glue gun.  These posts have also received hearts.  I never understand why I don't see this type of anger from all of the innocent human life that is legally snuffed out.

Just because there is anger at one type of obscenity, does NOT mean there is no anger at another.  They are not mutually exclusive, and it is disingenous for anyone to suggest otherwise.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@oceantown wrote:

If you don't see anger about other topics on this thread, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it could simply mean people are trying to stay on topic here.

Honored Contributor

I never understand the thinking that people can only be angry at one thing at a time, or do one thing at a time, or think one thing at a time.

Honored Contributor

This is much too broad a statement.  There is a huge difference between "factory farming" practices and humane practices. 

There is also a huge difference between respecting the animals you do choose to eat and glorifying the kill and gore and not caring whether there was abuse or cruelty.  Many cultures who eat meat are said to honor the animal.  No reason our culture couldn't do the same. 

I feel compelled to add that most bacon commercials do not honor the animal.

I agree with you and will add that the broad statement is also not true.  There are people who can't survive on plant food alone, and the myth that humans were built to only eat a plant based diet is a myth.

If some people can and do eat only a plant based diet and remain healthy, wonderful, but the constant finger waving in our faces is based on ignorance of the above factors.

Honored Contributor

"Cecil the Lion’s killer Walter Palmer was member of elite hunting group"

Daily Mail

Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

This is much too broad a statement.  There is a huge difference between "factory farming" practices and humane practices. 

There is also a huge difference between respecting the animals you do choose to eat and glorifying the kill and gore and not caring whether there was abuse or cruelty.  Many cultures who eat meat are said to honor the animal.  No reason our culture couldn't do the same. 

I feel compelled to add that most bacon commercials do not honor the animal.

I agree with you and will add that the broad statement is also not true.  There are people who can't survive on plant food alone, and the myth that humans were built to only eat a plant based diet is a myth.

If some people can and do eat only a plant based diet and remain healthy, wonderful, but the constant finger waving in our faces is based on ignorance of the above factors.

Thank you, @NoelSeven  I wasn't going to get into that since I thought I'd probably be too wordy, but it is so true and you said it well.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@oceantown wrote:

Oceantown, if you had read some of my posts, you would have seen this type of anger/passion from me, e.g., the threads about Bill Cosby and just recently about a 4 yr old boy.  

It will serve you well in the future to be mindful of accuracy when you criticize. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.