Respected Contributor

Re: The man who killed Cecil the lion is an American dentist

I hope we can stay on topic about Cecil and big game hunting.  This thread means a lot to so many people, including myself.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Respected Contributor

@oceantown wrote:

1.  "I did not mean specifically from any particular poster."

Yet you specifically named three posters.

2.  "...if someone from that family, a friend, or even an acquaintence [sic] saw the post of the head mounted on the wall, it would be troubling to say the least."  

As family or friends of this dentist, they are inured to seeing heads on walls, and floors, and shelves, etc.   

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

What sort of laws do we have in place to arrest Mr. Palmer?   If the kill was not on US soil, what can legally be done?

Respected Contributor

They're animals...we're animals.  But to cause unnecessary pain and fear ......unto death....that is not what we animals are about

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

What sort of laws do we have in place to arrest Mr. Palmer?   If the kill was not on US soil, what can legally be done?

I hope he can be extradicted to answer questions and/or face a trial.

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

I doubt he will be arrested here, or extradited. And if he were charged with anything in our courts what good does it do? He is a dentist with a felony record, paid a settlement to an employee/patient for sexual harassment yet he still practices dentistry. I guess that's how the Dental Board rolls. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

@Smaug wrote:

@oceantown wrote:

I hardly have words for post #79 by IG, and #80 by IamMrsG and then #88 by IG.  Then there is the comment by birdmama, post #100, about the glue gun.  These posts have also received hearts.  I never understand why I don't see this type of anger from all of the innocent human life that is legally snuffed out.

I'm a bit confused by your last statement.

As for the rest people are venting and when it's an emotionally charged issue there's a tendency to go overboard. That doesn't mean they intend violence.

Personally I would rather read people's honest thoughts than lies from the good dentist which were on a Q&A on his website. Pretending to be a decent man by saying he likes to "observe and photograph animals" is nauseating. 

Apparently that is an accurate statement just incomplete.  He forgot the part about "after they've been delivered to me to be slaughtered."

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because comment could be perceived as condescending

Respected Contributor

@Marp Exactly. I do pity the patients who had no idea he did this. I will guess that many must feel terrible. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
QVC Customer Care

I am sorry, this thread has been closed for commenting, the subject seems to be getting heated.