Respected Contributor

Re: The man who killed Cecil the lion is an American dentist

@KingstonsMom Thank you <3

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Trusted Contributor

so we watch shows that tell us how endangered animals are especially big game animals in Africa because of poaching. 
Elephants for the illegal ivory trade, big cats for their magnificant heads and skins, gorillas for their body parts. How in the world is hunting a beautiful wild animal to hang on a wall or throw their skin on the floor as a rug equivalent to humanely killing domestic animals for meat and leather? Whether or not you eat meat or wear leather, hopefully in this country they abide by the USDA laws for humane slaughter.

Cecil was shot and suffered for 40 hours before being killed. His pride is ruined, his progeny will be killed by a new leader. So not just one life taken but an entire family.  He was lured off the perserve so that this *****&&%% could put his head on the wall. There is no mercy in heaven for that kind of person. And there are hunters in this country who go on canned hunts and do the same thing. These are not people hunting for food, just their own satisfaction of showing off.

Any animal living in the wild has the right to exist in their territory. 

Many, many years ago I took a job with a well respected heart surgeon in the area. It was not until I had to go to his house to pick up some medical records that he was reviewing for malpractice lawyers who were defending some of his own colleagues, that he proudly showed me his wall of trophies including elk, moose, bear, deer, coyote. As my stomach churned inside, I said I could not do the work for him, I turned and left. You just never know what kind of "respectable" people you are dealing with. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor

There is very little that I can say about this man and all he has done (I heard the whole story on the way home from work today in my car) that would not be instantly deleted.

This man is "innocent" of absolutely nothing. He may think he's ticked the boxes ahead of time to keep himself *technically* "innocent", but I hope the govt of Zimbabwe goes after him with everything they have.  He has done this before, in the US.

Govt recourse aside, there are a great many things I wish could/would befall this man, but I will have to leave it to your imagination.

What he knowingly planned to do, and carried out over *40 hours* makes me sick to my stomach. I'm not a violent person, but towards this man ...

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

Hey, do you know how to work a glue gun?  Check out my post with the spoiler.  I could use your assistance.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

This guy should be crowned the King of Sick.  Many sickos start their career as monsters with the killing of helpless animals.  Then onto people.  This kind of killing has got to stop NOW.  Bet he won't be happy in jail and when his dental practice goes poof.  There are many people out there who love animals and go to great lengths to shoot them WITH A CAMERA.  Rest in peace, Cecil.  We love and miss you.

Esteemed Contributor

What he did is terrible! Horrible! I just signed the online petition about this on FB!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

What he did is terrible! Horrible! I just signed the online petition about this on FB!

Thank you Shorty! 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

Such a sick person. I watched a news report of this story. I hope many of his patients go to other dentists.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@Kachina624

Hey, do you know how to work a glue gun?  Check out my post with the spoiler.  I could use your assistance.

Bernie, I tried to open the link but got a msg something was wrong.  I used to do a lot of glue gunning.  This birdie is so cute!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Kachina, this might get removed. I said I would glue gun the dentists mouth shut after pulling his teeth out and I was shove dental rolls up his nostrils and then set him free, for the unskilled bow hunters to play with.
There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise