Respected Contributor

Re: The man who killed Cecil the lion is an American dentist

When DH was a police officer in Chicago, some whacko and his friends were shooting rats and dogs on Lower Wacker drive by the lakefront with cross bows. They ended up killing a homeless man. It took over a year but, the moron's ex girlfriend got ticked off at him and called the cops. Hmmm...you never saw that on the national news. Different times I guess. Sad.

Respected Contributor

He spent so much time hunting the lowly bacteria in the tiny oral cavity, that he needed to hunt the majestic animal king in the vast expanse......

Honored Contributor

Reportedly, the Dentist is already in hiding from threats, many, many on both his FB acct. and his Yelp review page, so he'll probably miss the protest at his office.

I'm glad that at least he didn't get to keep his 'trophy', the gov't confiscated everything as evidence.

I hope they'll bury Cecil in his homeland, once the court case is done.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

He spent so much time hunting the lowly bacteria in the tiny oral cavity, that he needed to hunt the majestic animal king in the vast expanse......

He probably needs to make up for his 'shortcomings', shall we say.......kinda like the old saying about guys who drive expensive sports cars are trying to make up for something they 'lack' (wink!)

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I couldn't listen to the entire news report, or read the O/P.  In general, there are many people with that mentality out there.  That's why we have to be very much on the alert and keep away from those types of people.  In general: Pay attention, and listen to what they brag about.  Make sure the youngsters in our lives are aware, and that they learn to keep away from certain personality types, especially if we//they don't agree with their lifestyle(s).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

ROMARY 1 wrote in part:  "...we have to be very much on the alert and keep away from those types of people.  In general: Pay attention, and listen to what they brag about.  Make sure the youngsters in our lives are aware, and that they learn to keep away from certain personality types, especially if we//they don't agree with their lifestyle(s)."

You are so correct in this.  People will tell you who they are.  It is upon us to believe them when they do.

Edited to add:  If my dentist had his office decorated with photos of himself and his kills, I'd have a new dentist pronto. Who in their right mind wants a killer-dentist?!  I want need a dentist with compassion, sensitivity.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I've run across a few doozies, too !

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

What a sicko.  Revenge would be sweet.

Honored Contributor

This would look cool in my den!

Imagine we could take Dr Palmer’s head and skin and have them framed for our office walls. I’d even keep his teeth, so we could forever see his ‘dazzling smile’

Respected Contributor

In your den, NO.  In the lodge at the Hwange National Park. YES. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.