Respected Contributor

Re: The man who killed Cecil the lion is an American dentist

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

I agree 100% bi about what this creep did was horrific and cowardly. But I am saying everyday animals are used for our benefit and we say nothing about that. 

Why should this animals life be worth more then another? 

I am not judging I am calling attention to the use of animals for our own benefit.

There is and has been a lot of discussion about how we use animals in this forum. It's a matter of great personal conflict for many of us.

Like, B, I try to be responsible.  I don't wear fur. I don't hunt. I eat very little animal meat these days, but I do eat fish, eggs and some poultry. I try to buy only free range, organic, non cruel eggs etc. In other words, we do what we can short of embracing a vegan lifestyle, which frankly doesn't appeal to me for many personal reasons.

The killing of Cecil has nothing to do with sustenance or need. It's a greedy, selfish act committed by a criminal. Can we leave the discussion on this topic, please?

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

I agree 100% bi about what this creep did was horrific and cowardly. But I am saying everyday animals are used for our benefit and we say nothing about that. 

Why should this animals life be worth more then another? 

I am not judging I am calling attention to the use of animals for our own benefit.

I agree with you Cara up to a point. I think many of us are vocal about the mistreatment of animals and are changing our habits. People may not talk about it here but I believe as a whole we are more aware, more motivated and are doing what we can to ensure all animals are treated humanely. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

For all of you who wish to torture and kill this man, I sincerely hope you ALSO mean to do the same to the tourguides who knew Cecil was there to be lured, the company that advertises these trips and makes $$$$ off of them, to those who supplied the weopons/amo and also make a large sum of money for housing big game hunters as well as those who provide the information on where these animals can be found (usually employees of the aimal preserve/zoo).

You can not just waltz into these countries and go shooting. Nope, there are many steps and money talks in a country that is riddled by corruption and horrific poverty. This man made the news ONLY because the guides (who were paid to find a fully mature lion) took the lazy route and lured Cecil off the grounds of the preserve. This isn't the first time and it won't be the last.

Proof? Watch what happens to those involved in this horrific deed BEYOND the dentist. Also, research the ivory trade/hunting of endangered elephants: one of the biggiest rings for illegal ivory and allowing big game hunters to kill elephants was the top man appointed by his government to PROTECT these elephants.

Money talks. Always has, always will. There is PLENTY of blame to go around and NUMEROUS people who are just as guilty as this dentist.

Just saying.

Respected Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

MSNB just reported that the cowardly lion killer will make a statement in the next hour.

I wonder what excuses he'll be making. Sickening. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

I am giving my pov if you don't like that I suggest you don't read it. I did not call anyone out personally and I certainly did not ask you to volunteer what you deem acceptable to eat.

I understand the hypocrisy here. One animal is prized while another animals life is not. So if that makes you uncomfortable so be it.

I know this is a touchy subject and not one I find easy either. I just find it amazing how one animal we will mourn while another we will slaughter. 

By all means do not comment unless you want me to continue.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree sahmIam, that the preseve employee that was paid to put Cecil in an area that he could be lured, but as you said, money talks and the Dentist was the source of that money.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

Yelp! reviews for the dear dentist are now over 1700. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

DDS

From Fox9: Dental practice belonging to controversial big game hunter Walter Palmer completely locked down. All shades drawn.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

@SahmIam    

That is true, but at some point, the dentist knew that this lion was protected, as they did removed the collar around Cecil's neck

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Respected Contributor

There may be other people to blame, but the dentist is the one proudly grinning over Cecil's body for the whole world to see.

What did he think would happen?