Respected Contributor

Re: The man who killed Cecil the lion is an American dentist

Yelp! is now trying to sanitize reviews but people keep posting. Go Yelpers! 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Phantom41 wrote:

What is it with dentists and killing animals?  There was some idiot a few months ago that killed a cat with an arrow and posted it.  I remember I signed a petition to the dental board on her.  Maybe there will be something like that for this doofus.  Hope he loses his practice over this. 

The creep who killed the cat with an arrow was, believe it or not, a veterinarian.  Her name is Kristen Lindsey - google her name and there's plenty of info.  But there's absolutely NO excuse for doctors, dentists or anyone to murder ANY wild or domesticated animal!  Hoping and praying that justice is served - not only for Cecil the lion but for Tiger, the cat killed by that so-called veterinarian.

And that so-called dentist who killed Cecil has quite a history when it comes to killing animals.  Just google this creep's name (Walter J. Palmer) for the painful truth.

My heart just breaks when I hear these stories, and the circumstances surrounding Cecil's murder are so disturbing that it would be a travesty of justice if Palmer and all others involved are not sentenced to prison.  I truly hope that what happened to poor Cecil will bring strong, lasting improvements to the safety of wild animals in parks and sanctuaries.  If these improvements become a reality, perhaps Cecil's untimely death would not have been in vain.

Honored Contributor

Two more things before we let the dentist loose. 

Spoiler
Once teeth are extracted, seal his mouth shut with a hot glue gun, stuff some dental rolls up his nose, then turn him loose.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Unless you are a strict vegan who wears no leather etc or takes no medication then the life of this poor creature is no better then ALL of the innocents who are slaughtered or inhumanely used for food,medicine or any other benefit to our existence.

Be outraged over the cruel murder of a innocent creature but think of your own actions and choices and the lives that are used as well. How are we any better? We are just removed from the actual slaughter but we are no better.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

Unless you are a strict vegan who wears no leather etc or takes no medication then the life of this poor creature is no better then ALL of the innocents who are slaughtered or inhumanely used for food,medicine or any other benefit to our existence.

Be outraged over the cruel murder of a innocent creature but think of your own actions and choices and the lives that are used as well. How are we any better? We are just removed from the actual slaughter but we are no better.

well, I do agree and disagree with that statement.  Since Cecil is not used for food or for clothing, but as a trophy, I think there is a difference.  I do eat meat and I do wear leather - but I won't wear fur from an animal that I will consume the flesh of, nor do I believe in having fur rugs or animal heads on my wall.

Cecil WAS protected.  He wore a collar and he was not slotted for killing.  He had a family, which those male cubs will all probably be killed when a new male takes over the pride.  He gave joy to millions of people. 

what this man did was poaching - and that is illegal.  How people harvest cows, pigs, chickens, and other livestock is another topic and one that I am a firm believer that we should have them free range and kill them quickly without pain.

But this topic is about another subject which is poaching and killing a protected animal just for his head and fur.  Am I better than this man who killed Cecil?  I would hope that I am a little bit better than him - I would never pay $55K to murder a protected animal.   I wouldn't pay one penny to do that - I couldn't.

There are degrees of viciousness and this man displayed a degree in that I could never have.  It is like stealing - it is wrong, but stealing the crown jewels to make tons of money vs stealing a loaf of bread to feed your family - those are different in my eyes.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Trusted Contributor

I read this and it just left a deep hole in my heart and a deep ache.  Trophy hunting for a protected lion and they had to LURE him out!?  Wow, really big game hunting there, luring some poor dad who is old, old, old and killing him.  I'm just not able to express into words how I feel.  God wouldn't want me to!

Respected Contributor

MSNB just reported that the cowardly lion killer will make a statement in the next hour.

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

yep lure him out of protected territory with a carcass to kill him and then try to destroy his tracking collar.

I read they are looking for Palmer, 2 others have already been arrested.

Respected Contributor

I agree 100% bi about what this creep did was horrific and cowardly. But I am saying everyday animals are used for our benefit and we say nothing about that. 

Why should this animals life be worth more then another? 

I am not judging I am calling attention to the use of animals for our own benefit.

Honored Contributor

He destroyed the life of s beautiful animal and now karma will destroy him.The things that mattered most in his life will be gone.