Respected Contributor

The man who killed Cecil the lion is an American dentist

Despicable man. I hope all of his clients leave his practice and he goes broke and dies alone and homeless. 

From The Telegraph:

Killer.jpg

Walter Palmer on the left. 

Cecil the lion – the most famous creature in one of Zimbabwe's national parks – was killed by an American hunter who has boasted about shooting a menagerie of animals with his bow and arrow, The Telegraph can reveal.

Walter Palmer, a dentist from Minnesota, is believed to have paid £35,000 to shoot and kill the much-loved lion with a bow and arrow. The animal was shot on July 1 in Hwange National Park. Two independent sources have confirmed the hunter's identity to the paper, which has also seen a copy of the relevant hunting permit.

Conservation groups in Zimbabwe reacted angrily to the news that the 13-year-old animal had been killed: partly because the lion was known to visitors and seemingly enjoyed human contact, and partly because of the way in which he was killed. He was lured out of the national park and shot.

"He never bothered anybody," said Johnny Rodrigues, the head of Zimbabwe Conservation Task Force. "He was one of the most beautiful animals to look at."
A spokesman for Mr Palmer told the Guardian that the hunter believed he may have shot the lion.

“As far as I understand, Walter believes that he might have shot that lion that has been referred to as Cecil,” a spokesman for Mr Palmer said.

“What he’ll tell you is that he had the proper legal permits and he had hired several professional guides, so he’s not denying that he may be the person who shot this lion. He is a big-game hunter; he hunts the world over.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/zimbabwe/11767119/Cecil-the-lions-kil...

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

Re: The man who killed Cecil the lion is an American dentist

If he treats animals that way then I'd hate to think how he would treat people in his dental practice!

Trusted Contributor

What a despicable human being. Karma will catch up with him.

Trusted Contributor

I'd say a lot of his dental practice just went poof.

Hunters like this make all hunters look bad.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Esteemed Contributor

It makes me sick that anyone could kill this gorgeous lion. There are no words.

Respected Contributor

Yelp reviews for the murder's dental practice aren't looking too good:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/river-bluff-dental-bloomington

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

You may get part of your wish. The website for his dental practice went down while I was reading about how he likes to "photograph" animals and the practice's Yelp page has gone from 4 high reviews to 136 reviews. Of note, even some of his older reviews were 1-2 star reviews.

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

You may get part of your wish. The website for his dental practice went down while I was reading about how he likes to "photograph" animals and the practice's Yelp page has gone from 4 high reviews to 136 reviews. Of note, even some of his older reviews were 1-2 star reviews.

Great to see so many are speaking out against this heinous act. RiverBluffDental on facebook is receiving a lot of comments as well. The number of exotic animals he has slaughtered is staggering. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

A truly despicable act.

In fact, I believe all trophy hunters are despicable.

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

His practice's facebook page has been sanitized. They aren't allowing posts. I guess he can't take the heat. Poor thing.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____